The Student Room Group

How are your A Level grades predicted?

Do your teachers just come up with a grade for you based on how you perform in assessments, homework, et cetera? The course I hope to take at university has a demanding entry requirement of AAA, so it'd be helpful to know how my grades are predicted.

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Usually based primarily off AS/end of year results, but they should take into account your performance throughout the year.
Reply 2
For us, 90% in AS is A*, other grades are up to teachers to decide based on grade at AS and classwork, so if you get a mid B but your teacher knows you do homework and maybe just had a bad day for a module they could still predict you an A.
Reply 3
Original post by JN17
For us, 90% in AS is A*, other grades are up to teachers to decide based on grade at AS and classwork, so if you get a mid B but your teacher knows you do homework and maybe just had a bad day for a module they could still predict you an A.

If you score 90% in your AS, do you get an A?
Reply 4
Original post by honour
If you score 90% in your AS, do you get an A?

Your actual grade would be an A but my school would predict A* for it
For subjects with no AS exams, I'll be sitting 'Predicted Grade Exams' which are like our school's version of AS exams, and then our grades will be predicted normally as if they were AS exams.
For subjects with AS exams (Maths + FM for me), the PGs will be based on the mark we get in them.

Teachers may also take into account any end-of-topic tests too.
Our school use ALPS- each GCSE grade is a certain number of points. Your ALPS Points=grade score total/number of GCSE you took. This equates to 3 a level predicted grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest