The Student Room Group

how do i approach this girl in my class?

there is is this girl in class that i have started to fall for... i have caught her looking at me a few times. sometimes she would look at me from the corner of her eye with a smile on her face. we have never talked to each other we just make small eye contact as i brake it real quick -TBH i don't think this a big sign as nanny girls make eye contact with me every day. i think she likes me however not sure. help me!!! how do i approach her? what do i say?
Reply 1
You say nothing because she will turn savage on you because she doesn't like you.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
what do i say?

"Hello, Ma'am. Have you been mis-sold PPI?"
Reply 3
You fallen for someone who you never spoke to? You are lusting after her you aren't in love be a man and approach her and say hello or talk bout the work ask her for help etc. Add her on fb it might help there are many ways to talk to her.
don't bother. you dont have the correct mindset of confidence to get anywhere with her anway
Original post by chikane
You fallen for someone who you never spoke to? You are lusting after her you aren't in love be a man and approach her and say hello or talk bout the work ask her for help etc. Add her on fb it might help there are many ways to talk to her.

This is the correct response OP, girls nearly always leave it to the guys, hell will freeze over before a girl will speak to a guy. Worst thing you can do is put a girl on a pedestal this is what will happen if you don't talk to her. Forget all the eyeing up BS, it will only put a barrier in the way, the more you do it the bigger the barrier. Don't even care if she is into you, that is a barrier too. Instead go over talk to her like you have no interest in her as a girlfriend - ask her something real casual, or real stupid like timetabling of a class or something - anything to just break away from the BS of eyeing each other up and her or you thinking along relationship lines.

From my years of girls eyeing me up this is what I've learnt. After a girl eyes you up a few times ignore it - yes odds are she fancies you but this will only get in the way. So treat her like just another class member, avoid eying her as hard as it may be, pretend you are not interested in that. Talk to her like classmate/colleague, no its not romantic but you will break the ice and get to know her.

Otherwise, If your happy to get turned on and the confidence boost of her eyeing you up carry on, but its highly unlikely anything will come off that. In the end she will just off with another guy that talks to her and/or end of school/uni and you never see her again. Advice I need to follow more myself so a handy reminder to me also.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
there is is this girl in class that i have started to fall for... i have caught her looking at me a few times. sometimes she would look at me from the corner of her eye with a smile on her face. we have never talked to each other we just make small eye contact as i brake it real quick -TBH i don't think this a big sign as nanny girls make eye contact with me every day. i think she likes me however not sure. help me!!! how do i approach her? what do i say?

Original post by Gavin2016
This is the correct response OP, girls nearly always leave it to the guys, hell will freeze over before a girl will speak to a guy. Worst thing you can do is put a girl on a pedestal this is what will happen if you don't talk to her. Forget all the eyeing up BS, it will only put a barrier in the way, the more you do it the bigger the barrier. Don't even care if she is into you, that is a barrier too. Instead go over talk to her like you have no interest in her as a girlfriend - ask her something real casual, or real stupid like timetabling of a class or something - anything to just break away from the BS of eyeing each other up and her or you thinking along relationship lines.

From my years of girls eyeing me up this is what I've learnt. After a girl eyes you up a few times ignore it - yes odds are she fancies you but this will only get in the way. So treat her like just another class member, avoid eying her as hard as it may be, pretend you are not interested in that. Talk to her like classmate/colleague, no its not romantic but you will break the ice and get to know her.

Otherwise, If your happy to get turned on and the confidence boost of her eyeing you up carry on, but its highly unlikely anything will come off that. In the end she will just off with another guy that talks to her and/or end of school/uni and you never see her again. Advice I need to follow more myself so a handy reminder to me also.

I agree women like confident men who know what they want. A woman like to be made to feel special and be pursued not the other way round. I know it sounds sexist but that's just how it is. If I liked a guy I would hint to them i liked them but I would want them to make an effort and pursue me if they don't I would take it as them not being interested. *Yes it will be easier talking to girl at school as you can talk about the work or exams etc in person or on Fb or twitter etc. Once they go to uni or leave school you will regret it as it will be harder as you won't see much of them or wont see them ever again and they will find someone else so man up and get talking.
(edited 7 years ago)
this is cute, just go and speak to her
it's all about the body language. let your body do the talking.
Go up to her and ask 'is there something on my face? You seem to be looking at it a lot.'

Jk.
Though you could totally do that.

Just find a socially acceptable way to talk to her. E.g. if you have homework due ask her if she's done it, or pretend you don't remember what is set if it isn't due for the day you're talking with her on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending