Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving instructor wants to move my test

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

I've been learning to drive for a while now and my mum has paid up to my test and paid for my test which is in October my instructor is now saying I should move my test to start of December which means I'll need to pay out more money I can no afford to do it!!! She has camcelled a couple of lessons due to illness I really dunno what to do ... do i wing it and go for the test ? Advice please

Do you feel ready to take your test?
    If your examiner said reverse around a left corner or takes you down a windy country road could you handle it?

I think keep your test as it is for now, you can always cancel closer to the time if you're starting to see things you're not comfortable with..

I haven't done many monouvers but my next lesson is 2hrs of manoeuvres hoping I can conquer them in that 2 hrs ... but apart from that I feel confident and I have like 12 hrs of lessons before my test date I'm sure I can get ready in that time

You employ a professional and then ignore the professional's advice. Good idea! Your instructor is advising you to move your test. It may be that she is trying to extort more money out of you (unlikely) or she genuinely believes that you won't be ready to drive on your own and therefore you need more practice - this is what we are here for. I agree with my pupils when they are ready to drive independently and then they go for test. If we disagree, they can take my advice or go elsewhere. My standards are not up for debate.

As for not being able to afford the extra lessons. If you can't afford the lessons you won't be able to afford to run a car...
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.