The Student Room Group

BTEC ICT help required

Hi all,

I am doing ICT BTEC level 3 sub-diploma course . I'm on unit 18 P2 which says
"“design a relational database for a specified user need” You can EITHER take the flat-file for IT4U and normalise into 5 tables, using the 3 steps from First to Third Normal Form (3NF);
OR create a database model to replicate a scenario such as a booking/ordering system. Using normalization break it down into 5 tables in Third Normal Form (3NF).
You should refer to the design brief for the IT4U system or if creating your own model also create a design brief at this stage to summarize the user requirements of what the proposed system will do.
Explain in a word-processing document the process of normalization and how it applies to your database model to get from zero to third normalized form. You should include evidence of steps of design (e.g. entity relationship diagram)."

I'm really stuck with what to put in the tables. I have customer, product, order, supplier and order details tables but don't really know what to put in them.
Teacher isn't being very helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending