The Student Room Group

Advice? Uni application got excluded and home schooled

A friend of mine got permanently excluded from sixth form college at the end of Year12 as she got a depression and she is planning to retake some AS modules and study A2 by herself, but college has told her that they can't offer any support regarding to UCAS or predicted grades etc. (I'm trying to ask them to give her a reference though)
Does this permanent exclusion affect university application? I think their decision of permanent exclusion was too harsh and unfair as she looks completely normal (just a bit negative minded) and she does not do any destructive behavior to other students.
And will it be disadvantaged that she doesn't have any predicted grades?
Original post by Francesca Meng
A friend of mine got permanently excluded from sixth form college at the end of Year12 as she got a depression and she is planning to retake some AS modules and study A2 by herself, but college has told her that they can't offer any support regarding to UCAS or predicted grades etc. (I'm trying to ask them to give her a reference though)
Does this permanent exclusion affect university application? I think their decision of permanent exclusion was too harsh and unfair as she looks completely normal (just a bit negative minded) and she does not do any destructive behavior to other students.

I used to be homeschooled and went back into mainstream education for GCSE's and ALEVELS. Uni's LOVE homeschooled kids. She needs to chat about her experience being homeschooled on her Personal Statement a lot. I don't think it will be a problem at all. My mum homeschools my sister and will until she has done her Alevels.

I used to be homeschooled and went back into mainstream education for GCSE's and ALEVELS. Uni's LOVE homeschooled kids. She needs to chat about her experience being homeschooled on her Personal Statement a lot. I don't think it will be a problem at all. My mum homeschools my sister and will until she has done her Alevels.

If depression was the only reason she was excluded and she wasn't a danger to others then yes I do think that was totally wrong of the school, however you can't be sure there aren't more details she hasn't disclosed to you.

On the predicted grades note, yes she could be at a big disadvantage, and especially without a reference, a referee is almost essential.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending