Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sigh I don't know what to do about my relationship.

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

So me and my boyfriend have been dating for just under 4 months. Things were great at first but now things are terrible.
    He started a new job Asia doctor and he will rise long hours. I try my best to be supportive and understanding, during his first week at the hospital I went out of my way to show my support of him.as I know the stress that he must be under. However he doesn't reconigise any of my efforts, when I ask to see him he will snap at me ranting at me calling me selfish and inconsiderate.
    Nothing I do is ever enough to please him or make him happy.
    We keep arguing and fighting over silly stuff. So we broke up he said he needed his space. However during this time, I became very ill and I was in the hospital I really thought I was going to die. The doctors said I had stroke like symptoms due to a combination of high level of stress and other things. When I was in the hospital I texted him to let him know although we were on a break we are still good friends so I thought.

He never replied to any of my texts or answered any of my calls, I was in the hospital for 2 weeks, and a further 2 weeks bed rest at home and he only text me once asking me how I was. Only once!!! How could he not care? Even when I was sick and unwell I still thought about him I texted him Good Morning and have a good day at work. Ans he couldn't be bothered to ask me how I was.
    Anyway when he finally replied to me, he got upset with me, he was like he needed his space I have too much baggage I'm too clingy and I'm using this to make him feel bad. He was so selfish, he did however later apologise for not being there for me. However, his actions didn't change,
    He still continued to treat me bad, ignoring me and snapping at me. Or making any time to see me! And saying really hurtful things.

One minute were trying to move forward with our relationship than he says, oh how he preferred how I was in the past, and how I was more wild less moody and gave him his space. When we first met I was 17/18 we were not in a serious committed relationship and were only just friends. We had a totally different dynamic relationship than to now. I'm now 22 years old and he can't appreciate me for the woman I'm now and the one I'm becoming but reminiscing about the young immature teenager I was once. I find that so hurtful, I'm going out of my way to make you happy and be the perfect gf/ friend rot you now and his thinking about the past.

Anyway fast forward last month, I was back in the hospital Because I had a bad reaction to a medication my GP subscribed to me.
    We were texting and everything was going okay, I was in a lot of pain but was comforted with him being there and supportive. I wanted to lighten the mood, so jokingly I asked him come cuddle with me. He replied No thanks " I asked why and he said you're too big" not to be rude" you've changed. Wtf??? Yes I've put on some weight as when we first met I was so skinny like a size 6. I've put on some weight and it does bother me so I'm excercising and trying to lose some weight. And more importantly I told him this. And when we've met he said he liked how look and was still attracted to me more so how can he now say I'm too big to cuddle wIth? How cruel and inconsiderate can someone be?'his suppose to be my bf.
    I was so hurt and angrŷ by his comments we had a big fight about it.mje than had the nerve to blame me for his comments by saying I was the be who brought up my weight and made it an issue.
    I don't know what to do about this relationship anymore he keeps hurting me, disappointing me. Why can't he see how bad his treating me? He will apology today than tomorrow his basically calling me fat and things it's okay.

I need some advice please.
    Thank you

Why exactly are you still with this guy?

leave him instantly, he obviously doesn't care about you, there are soooo many things in the paragraphs you posted which supports this.
    today he maybe cursing you tomorrow is may lead to domestic violence and then he would just say "sorry" and you'll forgive him. please don't

Be the independent woman you are and leave his a**
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.