Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Uni course application help.

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Basically i wanted to do law at uni. I didn't do very well and got BCDD in AS level. The uni course i wanted to do was at newcastle or sheffield but for law the grades were AAA to get in. I was thinking of doing business instead which is AAB. I know i can get the grades i was just having a rough time and didn't revise enough. would i still be considered for this course or would it be better to apply for business because the grades are lower and then ring up on the day if i do exceptionally well and ask to change to law. Or is there no point applying because my AS grades are too low. Any help would be appreciated because i don't want to mess my application up.

The grades for Business are only one grade lower, but there's more competition for Law anyway. Try ask your teachers to predict you as high as possible, and then work hard to achieve those grades. I'd say there is still a point in applying, but also apply for unis that match your AS grades just in case.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.