The Student Room Group

Is the way i revise okay for a person who started a levels?

I make detailed notes at first then i get a plain a4 sheet then condense notes then i do mindaos then que cards, and whilst i revise i take notes from online my textbook and revision guide. I also watch videos in each revision session
It depends on the subject. For sciences making revision notes helped me, also for more written subjects such as Economics and maybe History. But in maths revision notes only help a tiny bit and the most effective method for me is past papers and completing questions over and over again, then making revision cards on mistakes. Sometimes using revision notes can also give a false understanding, so be a bit careful and make sure you learn them and don't just make them like some people do. Videos can also be useful but sometimes the contents might not apply to the exam board your taking, so just make sure 1- everything included is correct 2 - it applies to your exam board.

Oh and keep record of past papers to see improvement over the weeks and also to see if you make common errors :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest