The Student Room Group

Becoming a Doctor has soon been taken away from childhood dreams :-( help!

For my AS, i'm predicted 3 CCC, my dream job is to become a doctor, but i soon realised that, i couldn't reach my dream job because of my target grades. What can i do? which university should i apply for? and what course should i apply for? with this course that i should apply with, would i be able to become a doctor?

Scroll to see replies

if your GCSEs are bad you could resit

also predicted AS grades dont count cos u dont apply till u have predicted A2s.. can you not get A-A*s in your ASes? :smile:
Work hard this year and try to get AAA. Also you need to organise work experience/voluntary work as well this year
Original post by PrinceHarrys
if your GCSEs are bad you could resit

also predicted AS grades dont count cos u dont apply till u have predicted A2s.. can you not get A-A*s in your ASes? :smile:

I'm not sure what you mean, you can only get A for AS level???
Original post by HopelessMedic
Work hard this year and try to get AAA. Also you need to organise work experience/voluntary work as well this year

Thank you, i hope i do get those 3 As. Also what work experience shall i do??
Reply 5
if these predicted grades are based on gcses, dont worry about it. just work hard and prove these predicted grades wrong! there are plenty of people who get mediocre gcses but do brilliantly at alevel.
Original post by gomc
if these predicted grades are based on gcses, dont worry about it. just work hard and prove these predicted grades wrong! there are plenty of people who get mediocre gcses but do brilliantly at alevel.

For AS i received CDE, and i predicted grades were CCC. What can i do?? :-(
Reply 7
Choose a different career.
Original post by mathsaddictive21
Thank you, i hope i do get those 3 As. Also what work experience shall i do??

Check out TSR's guide for medicine work experience
Check out TSR's guide for medicine work experience

How do you get that place on this website??
Original post by mathsaddictive21
How do you get that place on this website??

Google TSR medicine wiki
Google TSR medicine wiki

Okay thank you :-)
Resit your as at the same time as your a2s
Original post by Inspiringvisons
Resit your as at the same time as your a2s

altogether 6 tests??
Plan to take a gap year.
Resit your AS papers during A2 and try to get at least AAA in A2. It's possible, a friend of mine who got all C's and a D in chemistry at AS decided not to apply this year and is taking a gap year. She resat all her exams and has achieved A*AA to apply for 2017 entry instead.
Original post by tcameron
Plan to take a gap year.
Resit your AS papers during A2 and try to get at least AAA in A2. It's possible, a friend of mine who got all C's and a D in chemistry at AS decided not to apply this year and is taking a gap year. She resat all her exams and has achieved A*AA to apply for 2017 entry instead.

Do i still do A2 exams next year may with AS exams as well or??
Original post by tcameron
Plan to take a gap year.

Aren't most subjects linear though so what's the point of retaking unless it's not a reformed subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Aren't most subjects linear though so what's the point of retaking unless it's not a reformed subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what you mean?
going from CDE to AAA is near impossible. Your best option is to not apply this year then take a gap year and apply with AAA.

retake ALL of your AS exams, gonna be costly though but its the only viable option. I would do nothing but revise this year.
Original post by whydoidothis?
going from CDE to AAA is near impossible. Your best option is to not apply this year then take a gap year and apply with AAA.

retake ALL of your AS exams, gonna be costly though but its the only viable option. I would do nothing but revise this year.

what so you mean, i should retake AS exams again instead of A2 exams this may??

Quick Reply

Latest