The Student Room Group

Barclays 2017 Graduate Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by SethRollins26
Cool. I will be joining Barclays (middle/back office) in 2017 if anyone has any questions. Got the offer after completing an internship.

How did you find the working culture in Barclays? Were there any reasons (beside you getting an offer) that made you want to stay?
Original post by SethRollins26
Cool. I will be joining Barclays (middle/back office) in 2017 if anyone has any questions. Got the offer after completing an internship.

what do you think you did to stand out on the internship?
Reply 62
I Applied for the Wealth Management Scheme about a week ago..

Still awaiting results from the First business stage.
Reply 63
anything yet?
Original post by WM2017
I Applied for the Wealth Management Scheme about a week ago..

Still awaiting results from the First business stage.
Reply 64
Original post by alisha40
anything yet?

Nope nothing yet!

I'm hopping something will pop up this week. Fingers crossed
For those of you who have done Business Insight 2 assessment (Online Interview), do you have any advice on how to prepare? Also, roughly how long did it take?
Reply 66
Hi Commercial Paper,

Hope your application goes well. Do you mind shedding some light on Barclay's video interview? Are the questions similar to last year's strength based Qs? Many thanks and good luck!
Just did Barclays insight 2. Found it really tough, not what I was expecting... Oh well
Reply 68
Oh no! Why did you find it tough?
Original post by Saskia1694
Just did Barclays insight 2. Found it really tough, not what I was expecting... Oh well
Original post by ksqcyjr
Hi Commercial Paper,

Hope your application goes well. Do you mind shedding some light on Barclay's video interview? Are the questions similar to last year's strength based Qs? Many thanks and good luck!

I haven't done it but my understanding is you'll be asked questions in a role play, about a particular scenario and that you cannot prepare for it. It's timed and also there will be some numerical questions. Basically like the first test but you're saying what you'd do rather than ranking options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by Commercial Paper
I haven't done it but my understanding is you'll be asked questions in a role play, about a particular scenario and that you cannot prepare for it. It's timed and also there will be some numerical questions. Basically like the first test but you're saying what you'd do rather than ranking options.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, thank you for your insight and good luck!:smile:
Original post by thebadboy761
Same here - did the test last week, got the results today.

I completed Barclays Business Insight Online Assesment 1 around 40 minutes ago and when I completed it took me to a page saying "There are no more assessments to take- please return to your application." However, other than clicking "back" to the go to the previous page, there is no where else I can click on that page. I also have not received any email saying acknowledging that I have completed the test
i.e. an email saying "Thank you for completing the test".

I understand that one may not get their result straight away, however I believe other people on this thread said that they got an acknowledgement email straight after completing the assessment. So I am a bit concerned about this.

Also, on this web page
http://joinus.barclays.com/emea/application-and-selection/
it says
"You'll hear back from us shortly with a constructive strengths-based feedback report" and yet I have not received that.

I hope this is not because I took like 6 hours to complete it
(I know that is really long but I got stuck on 1 or 2 calculation questions and wanted to carefully check everything through)

Has anyone else had the same problem as me?
Reply 72
Don't worry, they took about a week - 10 days to get back to most of us even with the feedback reports.
Original post by midnight999
I completed Barclays Business Insight Online Assesment 1 around 40 minutes ago and when I completed it took me to a page saying "There are no more assessments to take- please return to your application." However, other than clicking "back" to the go to the previous page, there is no where else I can click on that page. I also have not received any email saying acknowledging that I have completed the test

I understand that one may not get their result straight away, however I believe other people on this thread said that they got an acknowledgement email straight after completing the assessment. So I am a bit concerned about this.

Also, on this web page
it says
"You'll hear back from us shortly with a constructive strengths-based feedback report" and yet I have not received that.

(I know that is really long but I got stuck on 1 or 2 calculation questions and wanted to carefully check everything through)

Oh ok so did did you not even get an acknowledgement email before getting feedback?

Were you invited to insight assessment 2 when you received your feedback?
Reply 74

Also, on this web page
it says

In the same boat; I completed on Friday and heard nothing since then. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Also, on this web page
it says

Hey, I was in the same boat as you. Don't worry. You'll get the insight 2 if you make the cut (I got it as well - dunno how I did though).

I think that some of the streams are automated whilst some are not which is why it takes some time to process. Also, when I submitted my application, apparently I had some information missing due to a system error which is why I might've been delayed.
Reply 76
Still no news but I got my feedback report.
I just got invited to do the online interview after completing the business insight test 1. Email is below. Is this similar to business insight test 2?

does anyone have any specifics like what they would ask you for the recorded interview? Why Barclays? or something similar?
I am pleased to inform you that following your application for 2017 Corporate Banking Graduate - ********, we would like to find out more about you, what motivates you and how you align to the Barclays Values and Capabilities. To do this, we would like you to complete an online interview. Please ensure you take the interview in a quiet place where you can focus on the questions without interruption. To access the interview, please click on the following link and input the same log-in details you used when you first applied to Barclays. As a reminder your username is: *******
Reply 78
This is Business Insight 2. Congrats. :smile:
Original post by 123engineer
I just got invited to do the online interview after completing the business insight test 1. Email is below. Is this similar to business insight test 2?

does anyone have any specifics like what they would ask you for the recorded interview? Why Barclays? or something similar?
I am pleased to inform you that following your application for 2017 Corporate Banking Graduate - ********, we would like to find out more about you, what motivates you and how you align to the Barclays Values and Capabilities. To do this, we would like you to complete an online interview. Please ensure you take the interview in a quiet place where you can focus on the questions without interruption. To access the interview, please click on the following link and input the same log-in details you used when you first applied to Barclays. As a reminder your username is: *******
Reply 79
Still nothing?
Original post by drawar
Still no news but I got my feedback report.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending