The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hams
hey everyone!
i was wondering what eveyones first job was. cause i cant seem to find a first job they all want experience and when i called an advert for a cleaning job that said NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED she siad i didn't have enough experience.

Thanks

Haha, somebody doesn't like you, maybe you should sue for false advertising. As for first jobs, does selling golf balls count? :tongue:
Reply 2
hams
hey everyone!
i was wondering what eveyones first job was. cause i cant seem to find a first job they all want experience and when i called an advert for a cleaning job that said NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED she siad i didn't have enough experience.

Thanks

sunday paper round
journal round
making sandwiches :biggrin:
Reply 3
first job was sainsbury's :smile:
Reply 4
paper round -> cleaner in a primary school -> sainsburys bakery -> bum.
Gimp
paper round -> cleaner in a primary school -> sainsburys bakery -> bum.

lol welcome to my world, except i haven't done the first three.

I would like the second one though, maybe i should ask....
hams
hey everyone!

Thanks

Sales assistant at Oasis + tutoring a seven year old Maths and English (they're both my first and current jobs).
My first job was at oxfam. Which i started yesterday. But i don't even get paid for it!! :redface: I do it out of the kindness of my heart. :cool:
Reply 8
mc_watson87
My first job was at oxfam. Which i started yesterday. But i don't even get paid for it!! :redface: I do it out of the kindness of my heart. :cool:

i was was thinking of doing that. did you get the job straight away?
hams
i was was thinking of doing that. did you get the job straight away?

Pretty much. I got it a week after i applied. :smile:
my first job: waiter in pub/restaurant :smile:
mc_watson87

what a nice bloke :smile:
Reply 12
My first real job was at a ski hill, no expereince required either. I had to get up at 6:30 am and drive for an hour to work. I had t o write a simple test then i was accepted and then i was put on the bunnyhill (ski hill for toddlers)
since not many people had come that day, I ended up riding the snowmobile arond and I built a igloo. it was a easy but boring job.
mc_watson87

i work at oxfam too. its a good way to get experience!
Reply 14
My first job was finding lost golf balls... well it wasn't really a job, my dad made me do it, and i wasn't really getting paid unless you count stealing the occasional golf ball and selling it to dense golfers... mannn those were the days... since them i've been unemployed... living the hard life, i reached an all time low when i considered working at maccy D's... but thank God the good Samaritains helped me through that ugly period...
Reply 15
Paper round -> supermarket cashier

Started three weeks ago (roughly) for both of them
Reply 16
baby sitting
paper round
playing my viola for opartic soceities are my first three paid jobs and I did a lot of experience beforehand
Reply 17
My first job was as a party hostess at a local leisure centre when I was 15. I thought £3 an hour was pretty good back then.

Before that, the only work experience I had was babysitting and the odd bit of (unpaid) football coaching.
Reply 18
Quiksilver
what a nice bloke :smile:

"Idiot" was the word that came to my mind.
hams
hey everyone!

Thanks

Washing up in a restaurant. Real slave labour, even though I was under 18 (16). I worked 6 nights (5-12) and got £42. I quit the next week.

Latest