The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hi. I've just finished a year at Wilmslow Park. Yeah it's full of students and the halls are LOADS nicer than most of the other halls in Manc. They're a bit further away from the uni - but it's only a couple of mins on the bus or a 15/20 min walk up the road. The rooms are really nice and the kitchen/lounge area is ace cos you get a pretty big tv and loadsa space. There's loadsa storage space in your room too.
There's a tesco, lidl, superdrug, blockbusters, varsity, cafe nero and subway really really close too - so that's handy.
You'll be sharing with about 3 - 5 people, but the halls are really safe. You've literally got to open 2 doors with a fob when you go into the building, then you've got a card to open you're flat door and you're room door - so the chances of getting anything stolen are pretty slim.
Oh yeah, and the park across the road has a few fun fairs every year too =)
Only downside is that if you've got a problem, the staff on reception can be quite ignorant. When I first moved in, my door wouldn't lock and it took then over a week to get me a new key card. Oh, and they have regular room checks - which means that if you're anything like me, every couple of months you'll end up desperately trying to tidy your room lol.
Aside from that, I really enjoyed staying there cos seriously, compared to some other halls, Wilmslow park is like heaven lol.

Hope that helped.
xx
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Latest

Trending

Trending