The Student Room Group

Do Oxford University accept alternative personal statements?

My area of Interest is science - particularly it's real life applications. I hope to apply to UCL for applied medical sciences and population health, Exeter and Southampton - medical sciences. I would like to apply to either Biochemistry or Biological sciences at Oxford.I've already written my personal statement for my 4 choices and it's a pretty good fit for all. However, I can't get it to fit either biology or Biochemistry; in this case would Oxford allow me to hand in an alternative personal statement, that would better suit these subjects?
Original post by cicilyvontes
My area of Interest is science - particularly it's real life applications. I hope to apply to UCL for applied medical sciences and population health, Exeter and Southampton - medical sciences. I would like to apply to either Biochemistry or Biological sciences at Oxford.I've already written my personal statement for my 4 choices and it's a pretty good fit for all. However, I can't get it to fit either biology or Biochemistry; in this case would Oxford allow me to hand in an alternative personal statement, that would better suit these subjects?

No they don't, sorry. Have you looked at Biomedical Sciences at Oxford?

Quick Reply

Latest