The Student Room Group

your good intentions

I had all these good intentions I'll study hard and not watch tv too much that the of thing when i went to uni I remember thinking to myself "I won't go out if i have an early lecture the next day" I of course broke that weta kind of things did you guys think then do.

For me it ended up like i will go out even if i have a 9 O'clock lecture and I did every single time.
Reply 1
*does some proper exercise*
*thinks "hey this is alright, I'll do this regularly from now on. Preferably daily, at least a few times a week" *
*does nothing for a few weeks*
*repeats*
As to uni, I generally intended to start revision way earlier than I did. Worked out alright but yeah. Sometimes my good intentions were met...like I went to pool one night, had an exam the following day I knew very little for, I convinced myself I'd wake up a few hours earlier (5am or so) to go over definitions and such, and I did. Got like 78 or something.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
"I'm going to go to all my lectures, and make perfect Pinterest-worthy colour-coordinated notes using highlighters and organised folders."

A few weeks later:

*Gets up nice and early*
Hmm. Not in the mood for lecture.
But no excuse not to go...
Hmm. Dilemma.
*Gets dressed*
*Spends extra long straightening hair perfectly, putting make-up on, taking lots of time, intentionally never looking at clock.*
"OH NO WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, I'M GOING TO BE LATE NOW, I WILL HAVE TO STAY HOME."

By the second week into second year I gave up the pretence entirely and just didn't even attempt to go in.

(*Note: I prefer being on my own. I had all my lecture notes written up, readings (required and recommended) done and essays started weeks in advance so was always ahead of schedule. I think I went to around 6 lectures in second year, and 4 in final year. I just taught myself at home using online journals and Google Scholar instead. So it's not as bad as it sounds... :redface:)
[video="youtube;BVaIYQVfOLg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVaIYQVfOLg[/video]

yep I used to study so hard in year 7-9, and then stopped around year 10 to now :lol:

Quick Reply