The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter English applicants for 2017 entry

Hey all,

I know there is already a 2017 thread, but I haven't seen any other English applicants! I'm sure we're out there! :smile:

So, who else is applying? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm gonna try and apply with psychology tho I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it :biggrin: I'm graduating high school this year
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I'm applying!! I sent my application off on the 14th .. still haven't heard anything yet haha! I got AAC at as level so im hoping they'll consider me !! :smile: Good luck with your application too !
"With psychology"? I don't mean to be picking on your grammar, but if you meant "for", this thread is for applicants for English specifically.

Original post by Morga
I'm gonna try and apply with psychology tho I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it :biggrin: I'm graduating high school this year
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by harriet_rr
I'm applying!! I sent my application off on the 14th .. still haven't heard anything yet haha! I got AAC at as level so im hoping they'll consider me !! :smile: Good luck with your application too !

I applied as early as the 7th of September and still nothing! (although I did get two emails from them, the acknowledgement email and then a follow-up email asking for more information.)

Out of curiosity, have you applied for single honours English or joint honours English with modern languages (or another subject)?
I'm applying for English too :smile: Sent off my application on the 11th of October, haven't heard back yet.
Does anyone know when Exeter typically reply to applications?
Reply 6
I applied to the Penryn campus for English by about the 11th of October and I just got an offer today! Has anyone else had offers?
Original post by catmai
I applied to the Penryn campus for English by about the 11th of October and I just got an offer today! Has anyone else had offers?

Someone in another thread has - they applied to the main campus, though, and so did I. I'm still waiting.
Hiya! I'm going to Penryn campus for English too! I'm on deferred entry though, and I've been weighing up the pros and cons of going to Cornwall instead of the main campus. What swayed you to Penryn over Streatham?
Reply 9
Original post by lucyellis1
Hiya! I'm going to Penryn campus for English too! I'm on deferred entry though, and I've been weighing up the pros and cons of going to Cornwall instead of the main campus. What swayed you to Penryn over Streatham?

I chose Penryn mostly because I come from a small town myself and three years in Cornwall sounds like a literal holiday :biggrin: I applied for the study abroad course so I can spend a year abroad which has always been one of my aims so this will be brilliant! Have you got an offer?
Original post by catmai
I chose Penryn mostly because I come from a small town myself and three years in Cornwall sounds like a literal holiday :biggrin: I applied for the study abroad course so I can spend a year abroad which has always been one of my aims so this will be brilliant! Have you got an offer?

Ohh, I'm from London so its a big change!! Yep, got my offer last summer, have you? omg I'm doing a year abroad with English too!! I was so worried that I'd come back for third year and not know anyone :s
Reply 11
Original post by lucyellis1
Ohh, I'm from London so its a big change!! Yep, got my offer last summer, have you? omg I'm doing a year abroad with English too!! I was so worried that I'd come back for third year and not know anyone :s

Oh god same! That was my only reservation but I thought that it would be worth it if I got to spend a year somewhere completely new...I got my offer about two weeks ago! I was SO excited, I had no idea that I would get an offer so soon after applying!! Wow, that would be a huge change - I'm used to being miles away from anywhere so the only major change would be how close the sea is :smile:
I applied on the 13th of October for English and Classics. I haven't gotten a reply but I don't expect one for a few months because they have always been late repliers. I got AABD at AS and am predicted A*'s and A's (haven't seen the actual predicted grades yet because my college has not sent them out/updated portal but my referee told me. I just can't remember the order exactly). :smile:
Reply 13
I'm a student from England and I got an offer to read English today. The offers A*AA and on the main campus. I was happy as it's my first offer!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JAJM
I'm a student from England and I got an offer to read English today. The offers A*AA and on the main campus. I was happy as it's my first offer!

Congratulations!
Original post by dorababy1995
Hey all,

I know there is already a 2017 thread, but I haven't seen any other English applicants! I'm sure we're out there! :smile:

same! I applied 14th of october and havent heard anything yet :frown:
Original post by JAJM

Congrats! :wink: What grades were you predicted?!?
Reply 17
Original post by Animegeek101
Congrats! :wink: What grades were you predicted?!?

3 A*'s
Original post by JAJM
3 A*'s

Wow thats amazing!
Original post by dorababy1995
Hey all,

Got my offer to do English at Exeter this morning !! wooo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending