The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE grades good enough?

For my GCSE's i got ABBBBCCCC and a double distinction in engineering. I would like to go to one of the top 10 universities to study economics and would like a career in investment banking. If i get 4A's or A*'s in a level will this be possible, will they forget about my GCSE's if i get very good a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Yes. Smash your A-Levels, write a good personal statement and an outstanding performance at interview and you'll be good for Economics.
Original post by Sayf E Ghenaiet
For my GCSE's i got ABBBBCCCC and a double distinction in engineering. I would like to go to one of the top 10 universities to study economics and would like a career in investment banking. If i get 4A's or A*'s in a level will this be possible, will they forget about my GCSE's if i get very good a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh that's fine! GCSEs are normally used for things like insight days for investment banking and that's about it! I think you need at least AAB to not get filtered out of some banks :smile: obviously exceeding that won't do any harm so focus on ur studies and make sure you get work experiences etc!

Also a user on TSR called 'thegr8wizard' has got a job offer in an investment bank and had gotten a D in geography so yes it's possible :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only ask as ppl from top unis have like 10 A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also found 2 investment banking work experience on in bank of england and one in ucl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
SOME people - not all.

Quick Reply

Latest