Worth £1600?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lettielo)
    If you don't believe me (god knows why) then I can show you the receipt
    Sure. Go ahead

ReputationRep:
    If I had 1600 to spend on accessories, Id have bought a designer handbag. The bracelet isn't a show stopper, but its still elegant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shipreck)
    Bitcoin mining is basically useless now. You're too young to buy a car. You would have to put stocks in someone elses name, and 1600 is peanuts for the stock market. 1600 is not enough for a smart home.
    I didn't say to buy a car now.
    And smarthome is literally way cheaper, around 600 pounds atleast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    I didn't say to buy a car now.
    And smarthome is literally way cheaper, around 600 pounds atleast.
    Unless you want a pleb level smarthome I think it would cost more than 600 just to pay the guys to install it.

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't notice it.

looks like it's from topshop tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Kinda ugly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lettielo)
    Attachment 580872

So I'm 14 and I just got this. £1600. 0.8 carat sapphire and 0.5 carat diamonds in yellow gold. What do you think of it?
    Sapphires and diamonds is a lovely combination, I'd put this in the subtle yet classy category. really do like it.

As for the price, it's all relative and the simple fact is for diamonds and sapphires, that is the going rate (from my wife's engagement ring I can testify to that!). Also, if you/your family can afford it then why the hell not!

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.