The Student Room Group

NCS Graduation 2016

Who is a NCS graduate?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Datalwo
I am now officially a NCS graduate and the ceremony was great. Has anyone else graduated recently and how do you feel? What are your plans going forward? Will you get involved with the other opportunities available for NCS graduates? :smile:

NCS was great but im sad it's over..i'll miss my wave. None of the graduate roles particularly appeal to me though..what about you?
Reply 2
Original post by Conceited
My one's coming up. Not keen on the dressing smart thing though.

What happens during graduation?

I graduated today! There were a few waves there so there were loads of people. I went to the main hall where the graduation was taking place and the guy was talking about NCS and explaining it for the parents and saying how fantastic it is and what a difference all us young people have made in our communities and then nationwide how many people took part and how many hours we spent helping our communities across the nation and what a massive difference we made. They had a presentation in the background and were talking about other opportunities too and then each wave went up one at a time and shook hands and stood together on the stage and people took pictures. We then went to get our certificates and the next wave came up and then we sat down and watched the other waves. They had music playing and then after we had our certificates they spoke about volunteering, played videos and told us about ignite - something for NCS graduates.

You can just wear a shirt and trousers. Don't worry too much about dressing smart. Some people were wearing suits too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by iamayesha
NCS was great but im sad it's over..i'll miss my wave. None of the graduate roles particularly appeal to me though..what about you?

Yeah it was great. I did sign up for ignite but have no idea what kind of roles there are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending