The Student Room Group

I really want some opinions!!

So I want to study Law at Cambridge and I've been debating over my A-Levels options for a week and now's the time to change it if I do!
I'm doing English Literature, History and Maths and was considering changing Maths to Philosophy. Would I appear not as strong? I don't really know what Maths or Philosophy is going to be like at A-Level so I don't know which I will excel at... I'm normally better at essays though and I am a deep thinker however would they prefer if I take Maths as I can do a variety of subjects?

Help would be appreciated, thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by TheNerdxP
So I want to study Law at Cambridge and I've been debating over my A-Levels options for a week and now's the time to change it if I do!
I'm doing English Literature, History and Maths and was considering changing Maths to Philosophy. Would I appear not as strong? I don't really know what Maths or Philosophy is going to be like at A-Level so I don't know which I will excel at... I'm normally better at essays though and I am a deep thinker however would they prefer if I take Maths as I can do a variety of subjects?

Either are fine. Pick 3 A-levels you can do well at.

It can be good to have a mix of humanities and sciences at A-level but it's not required.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Either are fine. Pick 3 A-levels you can do well at.

It can be good to have a mix of humanities and sciences at A-level but it's not required.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! I'm basically considering anything that could let them see my passion. Are there any other subjects that would stand out for Law? I'm only debating over not changing Philosophy because it's not a 'facilitating' subject I suppose.

MATHS!!!! for sure
Reply 4
Thankyou! I'm basically considering anything that could let them see my passion. Are there any other subjects that would stand out for Law? I'm only debating over not changing Philosophy because it's not a 'facilitating' subject I suppose.

Philosophy is a well regarded A-level.

As is Maths.

It's entirely your choice. Cambridge won't mind either way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Just to add - have a read of this:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/subjectmatters.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending