The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Dilemma

Basically, I currently have a dilemma about my university choices.
So i live in Northern Ireland, where university fees are just £3000 if i go to an NI university, which would most likely be Queens University Belfast. However, i really hate it here in NI and would hate to have to spend any more time here. Aswell, I'm not sure Queens University Be;fast would make best use of my grades, as geography only asks for BBB, however i achieved AAA at AS, and am predicted AAA* at A2.
However, another layer to this dilemma is that my parents would like to pay for my university fees, which would only be £3000 in Queens, and so, i would feel dreadful for putting them under financial stress of having to spend £9000 for me to go to an english university.
However, I feel like i need to get out of NI a very conservative and nosy country which i find stifling, and have my heart set on manchester. Do any of you have any advice?
Thanks, Amelia
Original post by Amelia488
Basically, I currently have a dilemma about my university choices.
So i live in Northern Ireland, where university fees are just £3000 if i go to an NI university, which would most likely be Queens University Belfast. However, i really hate it here in NI and would hate to have to spend any more time here. Aswell, I'm not sure Queens University Be;fast would make best use of my grades, as geography only asks for BBB, however i achieved AAA at AS, and am predicted AAA* at A2.
However, another layer to this dilemma is that my parents would like to pay for my university fees, which would only be £3000 in Queens, and so, i would feel dreadful for putting them under financial stress of having to spend £9000 for me to go to an english university.
However, I feel like i need to get out of NI a very conservative and nosy country which i find stifling, and have my heart set on manchester. Do any of you have any advice?
Thanks, Amelia

I think Scotland do NI a good deal as in its free but you'd have to check that. Queens is a good uni but I understand you need to get away. You might have to bite the bullet or get s student loan to cover the extra needed so you don't feel bad and pay for it yourself when you graduate and ave s job.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
[QUOTE="Maturestudjames;67637524"]I think Scotland do NI a good deal as in its free but you'd have to check that. Queens is a good uni but I understand you need to get away. You might have to bite the bullet or get s student loan to cover the extra needed so you don't feel bad and pay for it yourself when you graduate and ave s job.[/QUOTE
i think that all uk students other then scottish students have to pay full tuition fees in scottish universities... even if i have an irish passport

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending