Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Christian advertisers

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I personally find them incredibly annoying. They mean well though and genuinely want to try and save people, so I try not to be rude to them. I usually just walk by without taking anything, or wave a cross/crucifix in their face

:jebus:
    Haha
    I just say not interested or just plain blank them
    No need for them to try and force it down people though 'the wrath of God and you will die if you dont repent' nice way to deter people who might have become christians away
    Bible bashers i dislike them soo much as well ad jehovas whitness who spend their time at my door

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Yes. In my town it's mainly been Church of Scotland, Mormons and Jehovahs Witness reps that approach you on the street.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never been approached by any. Quite easy to avoid. Chuggers are much more ambitious, but also easy to avoid. Perhaps take a minder.

(Original post by Datalwo)
    Oh they do force it in your hand!
    OK I will have to take your word for it, but never happened to me at all. I find it quite easy to avoid, just by ignoring or saying no thank you. You might learn that skill one day.

ReputationRep:
    ^ This exactly. I turn my head to them, they still try and force it into my hand. Infact - many a times they will walk right infront of me (since it's so narrow). And then you get the big death stare of "u wot m8 ur goin to hell u r" if you ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    Today a guy was handing out leaflets in the city centre and I looked and it was about being "happy". It had a story about an athiest and said he told people that God didn't exist and then when asked if he was happy he wasn't then it said to find happiness you need to follow jesus or something??

What do you think about these people who do this?
    At least their actions come from good intentions.

CHUGGERS are the worst, they try and guilt trip people and harass them. Would they do it for free? Would they b0llocks

This is how the Jehovas witnesses do it.

If they were actually doing an active leaflet drop, then they would run out of leaflets and there would be thousands littering the floor.

As you can see you are free to take one of you wish. If you dont want one then dont take one simplez..
    I have never taken one nor felt the need to engage them.

(Original post by AshEntropy)
    ^ This exactly. I turn my head to them, they still try and force it into my hand. Infact - many a times they will walk right infront of me (since it's so narrow). And then you get the big death stare of "u wot m8 ur goin to hell u r" if you ignore them.
    You must have veen very unlucky then. Never happened to me. They must think you are special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    You must have veen very unlucky then. Never happened to me. They must think you are special.
    :noonoo:

ReputationRep:
    First time I've heard of this happening :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    First time I've heard of this happening :curious:
    Where do you live - what city?

ReputationRep:
    Where do you live - what city?
    London Town

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    London Town
    They are probably not in London. You should go to Leeds or Manchester

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.