Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys i need your advice

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

Hello

Is it normal to feel like a ghost around your family?, and by that i mean they forget your there and never listen my views or opinions, let alone take them seriously.

Also is it normal that im 17 and never have a lover or let alone friends?
    Like my family think im gay because i have never had a lover, and the take the mick out of me because of that.

Like the last proper friends i had where when i was 12 and under but it was just a few but they all turned they backs and started to spread bad rumours about me and they joined sides with people who bullied me.

Like I just wanna be loved and to feel like im wanted and needed by someone (who could be friend or lover).

Anyone got any advice on what to do about it?

ReputationRep:
    your family situation isn't normal. You need to remember your 17 now and they shouldn't be treating you like this. What i suggest is sitting down with family members and talking about how you feel left out.

as for lovers, funny you're still young. I'm about to turn 17 and i have never had a first kiss let alone a bf, so don't rush into a relationship just to fill the non-existent void.

as for friends, you know how it is, they come and go, what i suggest is to join a club your interested in therefore you would have something to talk about and grow your friendship on

hope this helped

(Original post by Questions4367)
    your family situation isn't normal. You need to remember your 17 now and they shouldn't be treating you like this. What i suggest is sitting down with family members and talking about how you feel left out.

as for lovers, funny you're still young. I'm about to turn 17 and i have never had a first kiss let alone a bf, so don't rush into a relationship just to fill the non-existent void.

as for friends, you know how it is, they come and go, what i suggest is to join a club your interested in therefore you would have something to talk about and grow your friendship on

hope this helped

I agree with you there and trust me sitting down with family thing, doesnt work, it only makes things worse.

Maybe so and good advice, i will try to.

Thank you

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which would you rather be...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.