The Student Room Group

Sociology or classical civilisation as a 4th A-level option?

Hi! I'be just started A-levels and I'm already very confused as to what subjects I should take. So I began the year with
English literature
Philosophy and ethics
History
Classical civilisation
I then changed classical civilisation to sociology a week into the course. But I am still not sure what subject would be best for me to take. Classical civilisation puts me off because there is a lot/if not more book annotations than English literature and also, I've heard sociology is really good for law degrees and I'm thinking of doing law. However classical civilisation is a really well respected subject and I've heard sociology to be a 'soft' subject which worries me. However sociology is good because it's less workload and less essays i guess.
Please please please it would be great if someone could offer me some advice on which subject id be better off taking as a fourth option.
It it makes any difference, sociology or classics will be the one that I drop at AS level
Original post by Kaneki_
Hi! I'be just started A-levels and I'm already very confused as to what subjects I should take. So I began the year with
English literature
Philosophy and ethics
History
Classical civilisation
I then changed classical civilisation to sociology a week into the course. But I am still not sure what subject would be best for me to take. Classical civilisation puts me off because there is a lot/if not more book annotations than English literature and also, I've heard sociology is really good for law degrees and I'm thinking of doing law. However classical civilisation is a really well respected subject and I've heard sociology to be a 'soft' subject which worries me. However sociology is good because it's less workload and less essays i guess.
Please please please it would be great if someone could offer me some advice on which subject id be better off taking as a fourth option.
It it makes any difference, sociology or classics will be the one that I drop at AS level

No difference. All you need for law is 3 good A levels. The fourth is much less important. You are already doing history and English. Do the one you enjoy or feel you cna get the best grade in. As you are going to drop it anyway, then it makes even less difference.

Quick Reply

Latest