Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recommend Some Anime's PLEASE

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've been watching anime as it airs since 2008 (or as close to 'as it airs' as the fansubs allowed, before all the simulcasting sites sprang up). It's hard not to notice the pattern when 95% of what you're watching suddenly comes to an end at the same points, four times a year, and a whole load of new shows jump up soon after to replace them. :p:
    Well, I guess that's true

The first episode was amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Hello

I'm male and 14 years old...

I just finished Death Note, starting Friday 5pm and finishing Today at 00.23am
    I LOVED IT!!! (I wish there were more!!!)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Why did Light die? :bawling:
    #TeamLight

I finished Hell Sing episodes + I to X the 2 weeks before

I need someone to give me some anime's I can watch quickly...

Around 0-110 episodes...

I heard that Attack On Titan is good, should I start it now or wait for more episodes to come out?

I watched One Piece until around episode 540, where Zoro gets Hordy unconcious...

I finished all Yu-Gi-Oh till now
    I am up to date with Pokemon

It doesn't have to be dubbed ones, it can just be subbed

Thank you!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Grandma, give me some ideas since you are like an anime fan
    AngryJellyfish xxx
    Danganronpa - this is if you enjoyed fast pace mystery murder aspect of death note
    Kaiji and One Outs - Pure mind game action
    Parasyte the maxim - A fast paced, character driven, emotional story with heavy ethical and philosphical themes
    Steins gate - heavy on science fiction themes but similiar to death note in that they are both thriller, mystery anime
    Erased - another murder mystery
    Monster - very dark and serious thriller

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Not true, I'm sorry to say - I've not seen any official mention of a third series on Anime News Network, which I trust as a source of reliable anime information.

I've put together a thread listing all the anime series that are confirmed to be starting in October; it's unusual for any full-length series to start in November, as the TV channels in Japan (for anime at least) stick to a fairly strict 4-season schedule. New series almost always start in January, April, July or October.
    lol ok whatever

ReputationRep:
    Longer series that i'd recommend are :

Hunter x Hunter = My all time fav long series Btw: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/TSRM00sy ( pick some anime from here if u want)
    One Piece
    Bleach

Shorter Series:Mirrai Nikki
    Kuroko no basket

Really hard to pick some when i've seen so many haha

ReputationRep:
    Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is good if you enjoy Attack on Titan

Code Geass was a good series, a lot mind game type stuff, somewhat similar to Deathnote

Akame ga Kill was a nice, fairly brutal series, really enjoyed it

I've run out of different ways to say "I liked it" so here's a list:

K
    Aldnoah Zero
    Guilty Crown
    Log Horizon
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    The Devil is a Part-Timer
    A Certain Magical Index
    The Seven Deadly Sins

If you get through all those I've got plenty more recommendations, all are around 12/24 episodes per season with some having multiple seasons. Gurren Lagann is the exception at 27 episodes.

ReputationRep:
    I really recommend full metal alchemist (watch FMA and then brotherhood) and also steins gate, they were both brilliant animes i watched, and are my all time favourites

ReputationRep:
    Naruto: easily the best anime I've watched hands down. Nothing even comes close to it so do yourself a favour and watch it, NOW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Longer series that i'd recommend are :

Hunter x Hunter = My all time fav long series Btw: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/TSRM00sy ( pick some anime from here if u want)
    One Piece
    Bleach

Shorter Series:Mirrai Nikki
    Kuroko no basket

Really hard to pick some when i've seen so many haha
    Hunter x hunter takes so long to get good though
    I started loving it about episode 50 and im on the chimera ant arc now and I realise the writer is a genius!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths Four Life)
    Hunter x hunter takes so long to get good though
    I started loving it about episode 50 and im on the chimera ant arc now and I realise the writer is a genius!
    Takes a while , but it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    Naruto: easily the best anime I've watched hands down. Nothing even comes close to it so do yourself a favour and watch it, NOW!
    It will take so long for that

ReputationRep:
    naruto isn't that good
    It has way too much filler, slow story progression, mediocre character development
    Theres ton of anime much better than naruto such as
    Death note, monster, one outs, parasyte, hunter x hunter, tokyo ghoul, steins gate, FMAB, erased, cowboy bebop, kaiji

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should try a shorter anime. I found Hunter X Hunter to have a slow start but it really picks up. But I don't watch many short anime so I'm not sure what to recommend.

ReputationRep:
    Monster is around 75 eps

really good show if you want a brake from all the cringy fan service type shows.

ReputationRep:
    naruto isn't that good
    It has way too much filler, slow story progression, mediocre character development
    Death note, monster, one outs, parasyte, hunter x hunter, tokyo ghoul, steins gate, FMAB, erased, cowboy bebop, kaiji
    This comment is nothing short of blasphemy. The filler can be skipped, although some like fillers. However, I will admit that it can get slow at times but I found it really fast paced at the beginning. But the character development in Naruto is truly magnificent.

ReputationRep:
    This comment is nothing short of blasphemy. The filler can be skipped, although some like fillers. However, I will admit that it can get slow at times but I found it really fast paced at the beginning. But the character development in Naruto is truly magnificent.
    Its true though, naruto isn't the worst anime, its above average but its not magnificent
    Lot of filler can't be skipped
    Anime like death note and parasyte have far better character developmnt

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should try a shorter anime. I found Hunter X Hunter to have a slow start but it really picks up. But I don't watch many short anime so I'm not sure what to recommend.
    Oh okay I started today after this thread and I'm on episode 13 of Attack On Titans already

ReputationRep:
    naruto isn't that good
    Hmm, I wasn't gonna watch it anyways, I already gave it a try...

I will finish Attack On Titan by tomorrow, I started after making this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Samurai Champloo.
    Samurai champloo.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay I started today after this thread and I'm on episode 13 of Attack On Titans already
    Hope you enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Its true though, naruto isn't the worst anime, its above average but its not magnificent
    Lot of filler can't be skipped
    Anime like death note and parasyte have far better character developmnt
    WellI guess we just have different opinions y'know. I really liked the character development in Parasite but I felt it was too fast you know? Maybe I'm just used to slow character development.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.