The Student Room Group

LOW predicted grades!!! What to do?

I want to apply to an A*AA university for law however my school is only predicting us what we achieved at AS, therefore my predicted grades would be 3As . Will it be worth applying to an A*AA uni with predictions of 3As or will it automatically decrease the strength of my application?
Reply 1
from what i've seen, not being predicted a*s doesnt mean you won't get offers from unis asking for a*s but i may be wrong
Yes. Its normal by other schools to predict one grade higher than AS. I'd say even with 3 A's you are close enough. TheyIf they offer then they just might offer A*AA anyway and ots up to you to make the grade.
Original post by EmilyP2016
I want to apply to an A*AA university for law however my school is only predicting us what we achieved at AS, therefore my predicted grades would be 3As . Will it be worth applying to an A*AA uni with predictions of 3As or will it automatically decrease the strength of my application?

I'd say talk to your school before you send off your application and tell them the situation. If you managed to get 3 As at A-Level, they should know you are capable of get the extra A* and may change it for you. If not, I think it would still be worth applying because the uni would be able to see you got the 3 As and should still give you a shot as long as your PS is up to scratch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending