The Student Room Group

Non-binary at 10 year old

Scroll to see replies

No need to be patronising.

You could at least provide an argument.
Reply 41
Original post by Dodgypirate
They will when they're diagnosed with a mental disorder and are helped by the NHS :smile:

I'm outta here if I hit the 40% tax mark. :colonhash:

Original post by Pulse.
Let me catch my 10 year old son/daughter saying their non-binary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What will happen if you do? :mmm:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by L'absurde

I sure hope so. Being open about sex doesn't encourage rape because you can have sex and not rape people.
(I guess you could argue that one could also be a paedophile and not engage in sexual relations with a child).
Yes, but their attraction to children is kinda fixed...Nothing shows promising. (If you have data that says otherwise then please show me). So this whole "let them seek help" is just wishful thinking.

Perhaps castration or some kind of medication that severely lowers libido would be the answer?
I don't personally understand how someone ends up feeling non-binary - it's beyond my imagination or my empathy radar. But I acknowledge that is due to a failing on my part - it's not that I deny it exists or think it shouldn't exist :nah:

I do think that if someone is non-binary, that they can probably feel that at a very young age. I think this kid is gonna get a lot of stick from school-aged peers but as long as they are vaguely mentally prepared for that, there is no harm with identifying as non-binary at that age :nah:
Too young to be making that kind of decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I respect the fact that you identify as a wall... how brave of you, especially when you're getting so much hate directed towards you and your kind because of Trump. Tragic.
Reply 46
Original post by KingBradly
Perhaps castration or some kind of medication that severely lowers libido would be the answer?

I think they already use that. Works for some of them. Not sure how many are compliant though.
So many identities these days... The way I stand is the following: if people want to behave in a certain way, then by all means let them. Just because you're born male it doesn't mean you need to act like a typical male does, and vice versa. But what grates me is why people insist so much on having new identities for every single slight variance that we come across, I don't know why some people are so averse to accepting what biological sex they are. Just because you don't want to behave like a male, it doesn't mean you aren't one. But if you don't want to act like one then great - don't! So for this example, I don't see what the problem is with saying "I'm a female who sometimes behaves like a male", rather than "I'm not a male or female". It doesn't mean people will be more or less accepting, or that you have to change your behaviour, it's just acknowledging basic biology (biology that doesn't have to dictate the way you behave). If you want me to call you "he" then that's fine, of course I will, but that's far away from actually being a male, and there isn't any problem with that, I wouldn't judge you any differently either way.
Ah, but on the website it says...

"We are not aware of any promising methods for eliminating pedophilic attractions and developing sexual interest in adults."

Sure, but considering there has almost certainly been a lack of research into it that's not surprising.
Still better to have a culture that prevents the majority from these urges as best as possible, having them on the radar, than not doing anything and letting negative influences pick them up.
Reply 49
Original post by JRKinder
So many identities these days... The way I stand is the following: if people want to behave in a certain way, then by all means let them. Just because you're born male it doesn't mean you need to act like a typical male does, and vice versa. But what grates me is why people insist so much on having new identities for every single slight variance that we come across, I don't know why some people are so averse to accepting what biological sex they are. Just because you don't want to behave like a male, it doesn't mean you aren't one. But if you don't want to act like one then great - don't! So for this example, I don't see what the problem is with saying "I'm a female who sometimes behaves like a male", rather than "I'm not a male or female". It doesn't mean people will be more or less accepting, or that you have to change your behaviour, it's just acknowledging basic biology (biology that doesn't have to dictate the way you behave). If you want me to call you "he" then that's fine, of course I will, but that's far away from actually being a male, and there isn't any problem with that, I wouldn't judge you any differently either way.

How bigoted! Have you met Milo...?

Spoiler

Original post by JRKinder

Moreover, most of these people believe that the ideas about how males and females behave are antiquated anyway, and therefore their behaviour should have little baring over which gender they identify with.
What's wrong with just being a girl who doesnt want to wear dresses and play with dolls? At 10 years old that's all it is!

Instead of living a normal life as a "non girly girl" her parents have forced this "non binary" BS on her. So aslong as she keeps this up she's going to be labelled a freak and a weirdo. I'd say this borders on child abuse.

I've said it before but it's people who use terms such as non binary who are responsible for enforcing male and female stereotypes and saying that males only play with guns and toy cars and girls only play with dolls and dresses.

Get rid of this non binary BS and accept the fact that girls don't have to be girly and guys don't have to be ladish
Reply 52
I've got news for you I don't care.

No thanks, I'll exercise my right to free-speech.

Spoiler

*free speech

Considering you've taken the time to read the original news article, then go to an internet forum and make a thread about it while commenting "why can't kids be kids anymore ffs!", replying to comments about the topic for over two hours, and manage to somehow bring paedophiles into the topic, it's pretty obvious you *do* care about it. It's not that you don't have the right to comment on the subject, it's more just the point of why you are doing it. There was no point in posting this thread, and you should just leave people to do what makes them happy, as long as it's legal (had to leave that in there so you couldn't bring paedophiles into the equation again).

You clearly have to much time on your hands
Thank the modern day feminist SJW liberals for these made up terms.
They literally don't exist.
How bigoted! Have you met Milo...?

Spoiler

I would be so disappointed if my child was that stupid.
Reply 55
Original post by iHammmy
*free speech

Considering you've taken the time to read the original news article, then go to an internet forum and make a thread about it while commenting "why can't kids be kids anymore ffs!", replying to comments about the topic for over two hours, and manage to somehow bring paedophiles into the topic, it's pretty obvious you *do* care about it. It's not that you don't have the right to comment on the subject, it's more just the point of why you are doing it. There was no point in posting this thread, and you should just leave people to do what makes them happy, as long as it's legal (had to leave that in there so you couldn't bring paedophiles into the equation again).

You clearly have to much time on your hands

You caught me.

Spoiler

Reply 56
I would be so disappointed if my child was that stupid.

Given the path that the western world is on, your child might just end up like that...

Spoiler

Given the path that the western world is on, your child might just end up like that...

Spoiler

I'll just move to Texas where they'll have to live in the wilderness and learn to hunt for their own food, just to make sure they don't become some ****ing feeble pathetic ninnies.
Of course they can, and they should be able to. Still doesn't mean we can't question the validity of non-binary. Nothing is above scrutiny. This idea of "let people do what they want" sure I agree with that, doesn't mean I can't criticise their choice.

I think the fact I described the decision as 'cockamamy' lets you know that I think the term is stupid.
Reply 59
I'll just move to Texas where they'll have to live in the wilderness and learn to hunt for their own food, just to make sure they don't become some ****ing feeble pathetic ninnies.

I like zis plan. :colone:

Although, isn't Texas more desert-y? Alaska would be a better bet.

Quick Reply

Latest