Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age do you want to get married?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    26/27

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Recently I've noticed quite a few people 1 or two years getting married and I'm like 😳😳🙄🙄

I want to get married at 28, even that seems to early for me lol!
    Well in order to get married someone needs to love you deeply but seeing as no one does its most likely never

ReputationRep:
    Who knows? It'll probably just happen when it does

(Original post by yourlastmistake)
    never, too many gold digggers

If you fall for a gold digger in the first place it's probably you're own fault, and you are very superficial and materialistic. It's not hard to pick someone on your socioeconomic level to begin with so you don't have to worry about getting rinsed.

And why is it that nowadays the guys that cry gold digger, mostly these red pill dudes, are the ones have no money or assets to begin with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebutterfly310)
    Well in order to get married someone needs to love you deeply but seeing as no one does its most likely never
    Clearly people who get married at 22/23 is because their parents want to get rid of them and settled, oh what a shame. Are your parents the same or are you being forced to have arranged marriage? How sad

Plus, how will you be financially stable at 22/23? Oh that's right, benefits 👀

ReputationRep:
    Recently engaged, and looking at dates at the moment. Likely to be when i'm 25 and she's 26.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    x
    24-25 ideally but who knows what will happen? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    24-25 ideally but who knows what will happen? :lol:
    Nice answer
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Nice answer
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Realistically, it's true though, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I am 30 now. I only started to think about a marriage in the last year. And I do really want to get married within 2 years time. But it's highly unlikely anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Probably be about 80 by the time I can afford it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Clearly people who get married at 22/23 is because their parents want to get rid of them and settled, oh what a shame. Are your parents the same or are you being forced to have arranged marriage? How sad

There will be a loving, intelligent couple marrying at 23 who most likely earn more than you will at 30, so don't assume everyone that age is on benefits. Are you going to be on benefits at 22?

ReputationRep:
    I used to say 28-29 but with business as steady and solid as it is now I'd drop that to 24/5

ReputationRep:
    I ll be 22 when we get married next October, he ll be 26

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)

I ll be 22, I moved out when I was 18, we both work full time and don't get any kind of benefits and never plan to.

ReputationRep:
    between 24-28 xx
    I don't wanna be an old parent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGrammarGuru)
    There will be a loving, intelligent couple marrying at 23 who most likely earn more than you will at 30, so don't assume everyone that age is on benefits. Are you going to be on benefits at 22?
    It's not about the salary, I want to have savings and progress in my career. I don't want to get married at a young age and miss out on my 20's. I don't understand how someone is stable at 22 without parental support. Quite sad really. I don't understand how they'll get a mortgage.

I'd prefer to be financially stable.

ReputationRep:
    I wish to be a single father.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I ll be 22, I moved out when I was 18, we both work full time and don't get any kind of benefits and never plan to.
    Why did you move out at 18? How were you financially stable to move out unless you went to university accommodation etc then fair enough.

The way I see it marriage limits options, I want to progress in my career and live my own life. Be selfish and not give up my 20's by getting married and having children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    It's not about the salary, I want to have savings and progress in my career. I don't want to get married at a young age and miss out on my 20's. I don't understand how someone is stable at 22 without parental support. Quite sad really. I don't understand how they'll get a mortgage.

I'd prefer to be financially stable.
    Why do you not understand it? Sure if you spend your 20s living out of your means then saving is impossible but when you spend sensibly it's perfectly possible to get a mortgage that age.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.