Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age do you want to get married?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    That sounds so cute!! Are you having purple & white flowers? Also, what colour is your fiancé's suit? xx
    Haven't decided yet on either of those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Recently I've noticed quite a few people 1 or two years getting married and I'm like 😳😳🙄🙄

I want to get married at 28, even that seems to early for me lol!

I'm getting married in March next year when we will both be 24. We have been together for almost 7 years (since we were 17) and before that were close friends from the age of 12

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    I'm getting married in March next year when we will both be 24. We have been together for almost 7 years (since we were 17) and before that were close friends from the age of 12

x
    Thats nice! cogratulations.. It's kind of ironic considering your username lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Thats nice! cogratulations.. It's kind of ironic considering your username lol x
    Haha yeah! He is a cat lover too and also very crazy we have 3 cats, 4 leopard geckos, 2 giant geckos, 12 crested geckos and a bearded dragons so lots of little animals in our dysfunctional zoo of a family :P

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah! He is a cat lover too and also very crazy we have 3 cats, 4 leopard geckos, 2 giant geckos, 12 crested geckos and a bearded dragons so lots of little animals in our dysfunctional zoo of a family :P
    Oh wow, you have your own little farm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Oh wow, you have your own little farm!
    Yes haha we do love animals definitely want a dog! But need to wait until we work less hours

ReputationRep:
    Yes haha we do love animals definitely want a dog! But need to wait until we work less hours
    Ah, that's unlucky! What do you work as?

ReputationRep:
    Ideally i'd want the relationship to progress something like..

One year of being together before she moves in.
    One year of living together before we get engaged.

So two years minimum.

Early thirties for me then realistically.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe get engaged around 24.
    Two years of being engaged, get married at 26.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    Ah, that's unlucky! What do you work as?
    I know me and my partner both work full time. I am a designer at TSR and he is a pharmacy technician. How about u? x

ReputationRep:
    I know me and my partner both work full time. I am a designer at TSR and he is a pharmacy technician. How about u? x
    I'm a Computing student x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    I'm a Computing student x
    Sounds cool I was thinking of doing a computing based course but designed upon computer based design instead

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost 25 and I've been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years now (he's 27). I'd be happy to marry him right now, but we're just not ready yet. We're hoping to make it happen within the next two years when we both have a bit more financial stability

ReputationRep:
    Sounds cool I was thinking of doing a computing based course but designed upon computer based design instead
    You should go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I'm almost 25 and I've been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years now (he's 27). I'd be happy to marry him right now, but we're just not ready yet. We're hoping to make it happen within the next two years when we both have a bit more financial stability
    I completely agree! Financial stability is most important

ReputationRep:
    That said, I think it's hard to say when you'll get married until you're actually with someone. If I'd met my boyfriend when I was in my teens, then maybe we'd already be married by now. But if I was still single now, then I couldn't really say when I'd get married because some people don't meet the right person until much later in life. It all just depends how life pans out for you. Don't plan too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishax)
    I completely agree! Financial stability is most important
    Yep! We're not living together yet cos we're in the middle of deciding whether to rent together or just go straight for a mortgage. He's fine with his money and job at the moment, but I still need to sort out my career as its still rather unstable at the moment. Throwing the added stress of a wedding and starting marriage into that would just be too much right now! And certainly no kids till I'm closer to 30, as I'm still enjoying going partying and travelling when I can afford it

ReputationRep:
    Yep! We're not living together yet cos we're in the middle of deciding whether to rent together or just go straight for a mortgage. He's fine with his money and job at the moment, but I still need to sort out my career as its still rather unstable at the moment. Throwing the added stress of a wedding and starting marriage into that would just be too much right now! And certainly no kids till I'm closer to 30, as I'm still enjoying going partying and travelling when I can afford it
    That's true, aslong as you're both happy that's the main point .. I'm more focused on my career and myself at the moment (as selfish as that sounds), I don't think I'm ready for marriage yet lol! Thankfully my parents aren't pressuring me anyway so it's fine

ReputationRep:
    That said, I think it's hard to say when you'll get married until you're actually with someone. If I'd met my boyfriend when I was in my teens, then maybe we'd already be married by now. But if I was still single now, then I couldn't really say when I'd get married because some people don't meet the right person until much later in life. It all just depends how life pans out for you. Don't plan too much
    I guess that's true, planning could ruin things. I wouldn't mind getting married like at 26 and onwards. Before that to me, I feel it's early 😕 maybe I'm just scared who knows lol

ReputationRep:
    I got married at 25, and my husband was 35. I was mature enough, but he wasn't. Separated at 27. Divorced by 30.

I'll get married again when I find someone worth the commitment.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.