Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need to decide by tommorrow if I want to take my hijab off

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turquoise01)
    Keep it on. Just remember why you're wearing the hijab in the first place - because of your love for Islam and Allah. You may feel like it's not worth it now, but ultimately Allah is the ultimate judge and you shouldn't care about what others think. In the future, you may regret deciding to take it off because it'll definitely be harder to wear the hijab again.
    She has just said a few posts above that she doesn't wear the hijab for religious reasons.

(Original post by EastGuava)
    make a poll
    How do I make a poll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    She has just said a few posts above that she doesn't wear the hijab for religious reasons.

Perhaps now her reasons have changed but the initial reason why she wore it was because of religion and that's why she should continue wearing it. But I wonder if she's feeling like this only temporarily or would she take it off forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turquoise01)
    Perhaps now her reasons have changed but the initial reason why she wore it was because of religion and that's why she should continue wearing it. But I wonder if she's feeling like this only temporarily or would she take it off forever.
    She has just said that her reasons for wearing it are not religious, she used the present tense and not the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do I make a poll?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+a+poll+on+tsr

Good luck, and remember that it will feel strange at first, but that's normal, you will get used to it in some time.

ReputationRep:
    You obviously want to keep it on

ReputationRep:

WOAH

ReputationRep:
    My Dearest Sister in Islam

I am just giving you advice as a Muslim sister. My Advice would be not to take the Hijab off... this is YOUR modesty and think about this even if a sister stares at YOU you will get sinned! This is shaytaan playing with you... so what at work if you're the only one thats wearing it yes its intimidating however through this Hijaab someone might be interested in our religion.... And it is mentioned in the Holy Quraan to dress modestly my dear sister. At the end of the day I can only advice you on whats best just keep strong In Shaa Allah and Allah will make it easy for you.

Please forgive me if I have said anything wrong as I didn't mean it!

Jazakillah Khairan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)

I am just giving you advice as a Muslim sister. My Advice would be not to take the Hijab off... this is YOUR modesty and think about this even if a sister stares at YOU you will get sinned! This is shaytaan playing with you... so what at work if you're the only one thats wearing it yes its intimidating however through this Hijaab someone might be interested in our religion.... And it is mentioned in the Holy Quraan to dress modestly my dear sister. At the end of the day I can only advice you on whats best just keep strong In Shaa Allah and Allah will make it easy for you.

Jazakillah Khairan
    You are supposed to translate foreign words sister

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    You are supposed to translate foreign words sister
    Sorry I will ensure I will in the future

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I will ensure I will in the future
    So polite.

I love you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truth')
    So polite.

I love you
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:

Jazakillah Khairan

Believe it or not you can dress modestly without a hijab on! I do it every day and I'm still alive!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't take it off! You ether wear it or now! You do not need to please others its important to remember that! Im sure people talking behind your back wouldn't be nice either!

Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 581060

This is what I was talking about.
    Attachement isn't working. Can you not copy or paste?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackymang12345)
    Don't take it off! You ether wear it or now! You do not need to please others its important to remember that! Im sure people talking behind your back wouldn't be nice either!

Good luck x
    Thank you very much for that reply. I just wanted to mention that even if people do talk behind her back its sin for both of them. So I dont think its worth the risk to take it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    How do you know that? Do you know the mind of every single Muslim who sees OP?
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hi...MKG9gAal9qrgCA

You lot are stressing me out
    And I didn't write this is my initial post because I didn't want a full blown religious debate but seeing as it has already turned into that I might as well say my piece. My sister read around Islam a lot and she left Islam because she didn't find the religion to make any sense whatsoever. She then told me to do my own research instead of blindly following a religion I was born into. This past summer I have been reading around Islam and so many things unnerve me about this religion, why can a man 'plough his field whenever he wants to'? Why did the prophet marry a six year old and have sex with her when she was 9? Why is homosexuality punishable by death? Why can a wife not frown in the presence of her husband but her husband can 'lightly beat her with a miswaak?' So yh in addition to my initial post, I really am starting to become disillusioned with Islam. But again I'm scared of what people will say/do if I take off the hijab. My uncle left islam and became a priest and he was beaten by the community and forced to move elsewhere. His whole family also disowned him so yh I just want to take things one step at a time rn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You lot are stressing me out
    And I didn't write this is my initial post because I didn't want a full blown religious debate but seeing as it has already turned into that I might as well say my piece. My sister read around Islam a lot and she left Islam because she didn't find the religion to make any sense whatsoever. She then told me to do my own research instead of blindly following a religion I was born into. This past summer I have been reading around Islam and so many things unnerve me about this religion, why can a man 'plough his field whenever he wants to'? Why did the prophet marry a six year old and have sex with her when she was 9? Why is homosexuality punishable by death? Why can a wife not frown in the presence of her husband but her husband can 'lightly beat her with a miswaak?' So yh in addition to my initial post, I really am starting to become disillusioned with Islam. But again I'm scared of what people will say/do if I take off the hijab. My uncle left islam and became a priest and he was beaten by the community and forced to move elsewhere. His whole family also disowned him so yh I just want to take things one step at a time rn
    Is your mum ok with your sister leaving Islam? If she is then respect to her. Muslim communities need more people like your mother.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.