The Student Room Group

Need to decide by tommorrow if I want to take my hijab off

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
Blind conformity is better then informed choice

Islamic logic in a nutshell :rolleyes:
Original post by Anonymous
Even if its something I don't believe in?

Well it was always going to be difficult at first, but if you can get past the initial transition then it should begin to get a lot easier :smile:
FML guys I took it off and went to the enrolment at uni again. It was the worst. I saw EVERYONE I knew. They stared at me and one of the guys I know came up to me and said wtf happened to you..I just wanted to crawl into a hole because of the embarassment. I caved in and put my scarf on in the toilets :frown:

I've been following this thread despite having nothing to contribute (no relative knowledge) and checked in to see what you had decided. That sounds like such an awful experience and I'm so sorry you had to face that. :frown: I hope you won't let this one experience completely deter you altogether if it's what you want to do. If you don't want to wear it then others will just have to get used to seeing you without it. If they have a problem with it then that's their problem; not yours. Be brave. Best of luck. :hugs:

PS: that guy deserves a slap.
FML guys I took it off and went to the enrolment at uni again. It was the worst. I saw EVERYONE I knew. They stared at me and one of the guys I know came up to me and said wtf happened to you..I just wanted to crawl into a hole because of the embarassment. I caved in and put my scarf on in the toilets :frown:

It's none of his business what you choose to do. He deserves a slap for being so nosy and nasty. Ignore it OP. It's your choice and at the end of the day your wellbeing matters the most. Not the opinions of some judgemental Muslims from your community :smile:
Reply 104

Why are you embarrassed exactly?
Original post by Josb
Why are you embarrassed exactly?

He said it as if he was sneering at me. Like 'eww wtf happened to you' sort of thing. Then the other hijabis looked over at me and they stared wide eyed at me and I just felt so small so I put it on in the toilets :frown:
Original post by sinfonietta
I've been following this thread despite having nothing to contribute (no relative knowledge) and checked in to see what you had decided. That sounds like such an awful experience and I'm so sorry you had to face that. :frown: I hope you won't let this one experience completely deter you altogether if it's what you want to do. If you don't want to wear it then others will just have to get used to seeing you without it. If they have a problem with it then that's their problem; not yours. Be brave. Best of luck. :hugs:

PS: that guy deserves a slap.

Thanks for the sweet message x And I do feel really disheartened tbh but I might try again tommorrow
Reply 107
He said it as if he was sneering at me. Like 'eww wtf happened to you' sort of thing. Then the other hijabis looked over at me and they stared wide eyed at me and I just felt so small so I put it on in the toilets :frown:

You can be friend with non-hijabis. We're funnier and would congratulate you for breaking your chains. :cool:
Even if its something I don't believe in?

that's up to you. Write down the pros vs cons and decide.

is this university of westminster?
I'm not a particulary devout muslim

it's not mandated by your religion. it's just based on your culture which is surrounded by misogyny
Original post by Angry Bird
that's up to you. Write down the pros vs cons and decide.

is this university of westminster?

QMUL

This is so sad

Don't let peer pressure and jealousy prevent you from making your own choices.

And is someone approaches you to question negativity about the way you are dressed report them to your Uni
I'm so so so scared tho. People are 100% going to stare and talk about me behind my back :frown:

Who cares what people think or say, as long as you are comfortable in yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending