The Student Room Group

Early Years PGCE

I've been working in a nursery for 7 months and have been considering doing an early years PGCE. I already have a first degree in Film Production, though I got a Third Class Honours. I have previously applied to do a post compulsory education PGCE, the first time I was rejected post interview and the second time I was rejected without interview based on my degree classification.

After a bit of thinking and volunteering at Brownies I realised I would prefer to work with a younger age group than I first planned to which led to me applying for work in a nursery (I previously worked in retail so was keen to get out!).

I am currently working towards my NVQ level 2 and wondered whether I should wait until I'm fully qualified before applying for a PGCE - will it affect my chances at all? If I apply to start next year I will have finished my level 2, though I will be starting level 3!

Has anyone been accepted on an early years PGCE with less than 2:1/2:2 and with less experience of working in an early years setting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending