The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Child nursing April 2017 Medway campus

Hi all just wondering who is joining me in April to start the journey on becoming a child nurse. I am very much looking forward to it and can not wait.
Reply 1
Me I am 😀😀😀 very excited x
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
I just want to get started now lol
Reply 3
Original post by lsarr
I just want to get started now lol

So do I, do you have any idea when we start? Do you live in Medway?
Claire x
Reply 4
i believe we start within the first week of April, if similar to last year. But hopefully we have more info soon

I live in maidstone

Laura x
Reply 5
Saw this online so maybe the 17thIMG_3241.PNG
Reply 6
Original post by lsarr
i believe we start within the first week of April, if similar to last year. But hopefully we have more info soon

I live in maidstone

Laura x

Yes I've seen a few dates I know we get Easter
Off so assumed we would start after. I actually can't wait to start and meet everyone seems like forever ago was interview day etc.
I've been looking for a group or forum for this course for a while. Hopefully a few others with join and we can arrange a meet before we start. 😀
Reply 7
I'm travelling up from Ramsgate
Reply 8
Yea the guys I all went to college with to do the access all went on to adult nursing and met loads of people before they actually started in September so I hoping same will happen for us. I suprised you didn't want Canterbury campus then? Are you hoping to be based in ashford hospital as be close to home for you
Reply 9
Have you applied for bursary / student loan now?
Reply 10
Original post by lsarr
Have you applied for bursary / student loan now?

Yes there was a few from my access course that have started adult nursing and a few doing midwifery.

I just preferred the Medway campus and the fact you can park there 😀 I'm hoping I get Margate for my base ward but will travel I wouldn't mind Gillingham hospital as their Pediatric unit is lovely. Margate would be ideal though for me as kids at school and it's closer to home.

I haven't applied for bursary yet have you?
Reply 11
I hope to get Medway hospital , I can't go Maidstone or pembury as I know all the staff due to my daughter health and at interview Ann said it be no go as personal my professional relationships with staff lol. I applied for bursary yesterday but have from now till February to sort it. I just done it now so I know what money to expect and hubby can sort out his working hours ect
Reply 12
How old are your children? Mine are 9 and 7
Reply 13
Original post by lsarr
How old are your children? Mine are 9 and 7

I really must do mine so I know what I'm entitled too.

My girls are 4 & 5 :-)

Have you found anyone else who's going to be on our course? Adult nursing and midwifery all have Facebook groups al set up..
Reply 14
No no one lol, the girls on adult nursing had Facebook group set up since finding out about July and met up in the summer. I tried find Facebook group but nothing
Reply 15
Shall we set up Facebook group incase people are searching like we hav Been ??
Reply 16
Original post by lsarr
Shall we set up Facebook group incase people are searching like we hav Been ??

Yes I think that's a fab idea 😄
Reply 17
I set one called cccu child nursing 2017 ....
Reply 18
My friend who started last April said uni will set one but not till Dec / Jan time but least this way there Is one incase people look
Reply 19
Original post by lsarr
My friend who started last April said uni will set one but not till Dec / Jan time but least this way there Is one incase people look

That's fab I'll join it now.. gonna do my bursary today

Quick Reply

Latest