Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

Hey Everyone

In summer 2016 i received my GCSE result's they weren't the best I mainly got C'S with 2 B's and 1 D in French. I am currently doing the following A Levels, History, English Literature and Business BTEC. I am wanting to pursue a career in law. I hard heard law is competitive course at university however after speaking to my teachers they have told me that if i get outstanding A Level grades AAA/A*A*A* then I would be able to do Law at university.

I am also considering to resit some of my GCSE'S, as some university's do not mind GCSE resits for law as I rang up Oxford or Cambridge the other day and they said that they don't disadvantage students who resit some of their GCSE's. Which GCSE's would you recommend to retake for law?
    Also how long would you recommend that work experience should be done for?
    Another question I have is after six form can I go to college to do extra A Levels to strengthen my University application?
    Lastly what can I start doing to strengthen my university application?

Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you in advance for your time.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.