The Student Room Group

How does people's GCSE results compare to their A-level results?

Would people mind sharing their GCSE results in comparison to their A-level results, to perform to me how the two would either be connected or completely different from one another.
GCSE 8A* 1A 1B
A levels A*A*A
I got 7A*s 4As at GCSE, and i'm predicted A*A*A at A-level which is pretty feasible
Original post by jordanshelley97
GCSE 8A* 1A 1B
A levels A*A*A

Do you know of any cases where people have only just passed to get into A-levels, and two years later, come out with exceptional marks?
Reply 4
GCSE: 3A* 6B 2C
Predicted A*A*A*A* going into A2 now.

Original post by jsk800
Do you know of any cases where people have only just passed to get into A-levels, and two years later, come out with exceptional marks?

Personally I don't know anyone that 'only just passed' to get into A-levels, schools are strict enough with how they let people onto courses (say a B in physics to do physics), I'd say for most people its the other way around, getting straight A* for GCSE and not continuing the work into AS/A2. If you have the right mindset from the start of the year, your GCSE's don't matter whether you have 10A*'s or none.
Most importantly, do subjects you enjoy and you will find it much easier to get the grades you want.
Reply 5
Original post by JN17
GCSE: 3A* 6B 2C
Predicted A*A*A*A* going into A2 now.

Personally I don't know anyone that 'only just passed' to get into A-levels, schools are strict enough with how they let people onto courses (say a B in physics to do physics), I'd say for most people its the other way around, getting straight A* for GCSE and not continuing the work into AS/A2. If you have the right mindset from the start of the year, your GCSE's don't matter whether you have 10A*'s or none.
Most importantly, do subjects you enjoy and you will find it much easier to get the grades you want.

What subjects?
Reply 6
GCSE: 3 As, 4 Bs and 2 Cs
A-level: AAB

Quick Reply

Latest