Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Voluntary Work help

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am currently doing a access course and plan to apply for adult nursing at magee.
    Please xan someone give ne some advice on what voluntary work i should do?
    I have no experience in caring and i need to do some voluntary for my ps and interview.
    Ive called to a voluntarily org who gave me a list. Can anyone plz advise what would be the best for different examples? Thank you 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty6020)
    Hi. I am currently doing a access course and plan to apply for adult nursing at magee.
    Please xan someone give ne some advice on what voluntary work i should do?
    I have no experience in caring and i need to do some voluntary for my ps and interview.
    Ive called to a voluntarily org who gave me a list. Can anyone plz advise what would be the best for different examples? Thank you 😄
    Personally i think you should volunteer in a care home and/or a hospice, it definitely demonstrates that you want to be a nurse and shows you care about older people and those in need. Maybe you should also volunteer at a children's ward in a hospital or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks anon, i will look into older care in the area. Not sure tho if i can help out on children's ward. Really need to do sum thin that'll tick all the boxes and give me plenty to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty6020)
    Thanks anon, i will look into older care in the area. Not sure tho if i can help out on children's ward. Really need to do sum thin that'll tick all the boxes and give me plenty to talk about.
    A hospice is a good place as it involved people of all ages and all kinds of needs depending on the persons condition. So i think thats the best option?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i think i'll do that. I'll give them a call 2morrw. My course is full time but it's only 15 hrs a week so i def b able to commit to a couple of hrs a week.
    Thanks anon 🤗

ReputationRep:
    An old people's home would be a good start. And also a hospice as the age range and condition/severity varies massively. Maybe even volunteer to work with special needs kids as that gives you a more unique angle also.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.