Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Reduction in Student Support Loan

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    My son is in his 2nd year at uni. His student loan was approved for 2016/17 and I have only now noticed that there has been a significant reduction in figures compared to his first year. Our family circumstances haven't changed and I hesitate to add that his loan covers his accommodation only with barely anything left for living expenses. I understand that each individual student's loan is granted based on their circumstances but as I pointed out, ours hasn't changed so I am baffled as to why his loan for the 2nd year is not the same as the 1st. Can someone explain? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Has he been income assessed?

ReputationRep:
    I do not recall what financial questions were asked, but my son has never received an income as he went straight from A levels to uni,

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.