Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Student finance tuition fee loan after repeating

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, i am on a four year course a in which i had to repeat my first year. In my 2nd year i left the course in February but decided in the summer i would go back onto the course meaning I will have to repeat 2nd year now. Student finance then informed me that they would give me a maintenance loan for this year but they won't pay my tuition fees.

Does this mean they aren't paying my tuition fees for just this year but will pay them in 3rd year??

(Yes i know i should have never left the course in 2nd year.)

(Original post by patheback)
    Hi there, i am on a four year course a in which i had to repeat my first year. In my 2nd year i left the course in February but decided in the summer i would go back onto the course meaning I will have to repeat 2nd year now. Student finance then informed me that they would give me a maintenance loan for this year but they won't pay my tuition fees.

Does this mean they aren't paying my tuition fees for just this year but will pay them in 3rd year??

(Yes i know i should have never left the course in 2nd year.)
    Yes you get one gift year, so if you have had more than one then it affects your previous study calc & entitlement.

We can't see your previous study here so it's best to phone SF to get an accurate answer.

If this is your second repeat year then yes it would be self fund this year and they would give you full funding for year 3.

You can send in CPR (Compelling personal reasons) to get funding for this year to, which would be a cover letter explaining why you are having to repeat, what happened, how it affected you etc and also attach professional evidence.

Again - I would advise contacting student finance as you can get a more accurate answer as they can see your previous study.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.