Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could call yourself five years ago and had 30 seconds, what would you say?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    To get a part time job and save up some money. And to make more of an effort with my social life before university.

More money and some savings would be useful right now, and if I was more social then I would have enjoyed freshers week and first year more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fardm76)
    i would say " you shouldn't give up so easily "
    what would you say ?

"Pull out"

ReputationRep:
    'Tell the physics teacher to avoid getting pregnant 6 months before your GCSE physics exam'

Absolutely nothing.

The **** I've been through in the last five years has brought me to pretty much exactly where I want to be right now. So, if I had to say something, it would be something like 'keep buggering on, you'll get there.'

I'd much rather call myself twenty years ago. Just to hear what I sounded like when I still had the innocence of a child.

ReputationRep:
    get back in contact w your old primary school best friend, you won't find anyone as real in your secondary/sixth form yrs... also you just quit that game you were addicted to, don't turn back to it lol

ReputationRep:
    "All is well"

ReputationRep:
    Don't do A-level Law.

ReputationRep:
    That your eyebrows looked ****

ReputationRep:
    Try harder at everything. Be confident. Don't worry even though it's hard. Don't make effort with someone if they give zero back...

ReputationRep:
    follow your heart, buy silver, bet on Leicester city in 2015 and learn to haggle

ReputationRep:
    ''Work at your A-levels you lazy *****''

ReputationRep:
    Continue with Cadets and Volleyball, wear suncream and you will do Chemistry A level revise now and find work experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fardm76)
    i would say " you shouldn't give up so easily "
    what would you say ?

ok so im 20 now, 5 years ago i was...well 15 obviously. The thing is, it was a pretty hard time for me and I did stuff that I shouldn't have done. So what I would/ should say is pretty important to me.

I'd say this to myself,
    'oi mate, put the milk back in the fridge or it might go off'

ReputationRep:
    "Listen you ****. Im gonna make you rich. Type these numbers on your phone now. The national lottery draw results for Wednesday 14th September 2k16 is 16, 23, 35, 42, 44, 58 and 28"

ReputationRep:
    Truly believing in the growth mindset will eventually wash away all of your insecurities. Trust me, I know how you feel but when it finally 'clicks', you'll be a 1000x better off, believe it! Oh and watch Naruto. Thank me later.

ReputationRep:
    take steroids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAdviser101)
    "Listen you ****. Im gonna make you rich. Type these numbers on your phone now. The national lottery draw results for Wednesday 14th September 2k16 is 16, 23, 35, 42, 44, 58 and 28"
    lmao you got your priorities sorted, good one

ReputationRep:
    "Don't be so hard on yourself and accept who you are. Think more about other people around you and less of yourself. No matter what you do, don't give up because next year something great will happen to you."

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who will be the next permanent England boss?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.