Just one sec...
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Choosing triple science?

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    In AQA gcse science core science IS unit 1, additional science is unit 2, and triple science is unit 3. That's why its triple science- you do all 3 units in all 3 sciences!
    I will get back to you later with course material...

And remember it is good to ask questions- we're all here to help!
    Thank you! You're a great help! :3 I think I'm like literally the only one worrying about my GCSEs this early...but I'm anxious. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetstars)
    Thank you! You're a great help! :3 I think I'm like literally the only one worrying about my GCSEs this early...but I'm anxious. XD
    It's good to worry at least a little. When I did my GCSE's last year I wasn't worried at all, I was very calm but I guess this is bad because I then didn't revise
    Anyway, I am sure that you will do very very well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    It's good to worry at least a little. When I did my GCSE's last year I wasn't worried at all, I was very calm but I guess this is bad because I then didn't revise
    Anyway, I am sure that you will do very very well!
    Lol, thank you. I hope so. I'm only worrying because I had some friends who had bad grades due to not revising or enjoying the subjects they chose.

ReputationRep:
    Is choosing triple science difficult? I want a career in medicine and I've heard that triple science is required. I'm worried I won't achieve great grades since it's complex, plus I'm not amazing at science. Also, how many GCSEs are you allowed to take? Would triple science be considered as three GCSEs? Thank you.

I did triple science as everyone at my school had to we didn't have a choice, and to be honest its was a good thing because I ended up with 3 individual GCSEs rather than just 2 'science' GCSEs.Also, if you're doing an A Level in any sciences the 3rd module would leave you in good stead for it as this is the most challenging of the 3 modules. As you are considering doing a course in medicine I would say it would be best to do triple as it is a prestigious and competitive course and many unis will look at your GCSEs grades and it would look better.

Feel free to ask me any questions
    Goodluck You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Your school should help you decide on on triple/dual depending as to whether or not you are up for it. As a couple of others mentioned, if sciences aren't your thing, then maybe consider alternative career paths? Medicine is one the most competitive careers out there, so your grades have to be 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽 . If not, then very best of luck, no doubt hard work will see you through! 😊 (btw, key words are SOOOO important)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedSquirrels)
    Your school should help you decide on on triple/dual depending as to whether or not you are up for it. As a couple of others mentioned, if sciences aren't your thing, then maybe consider alternative career paths? Medicine is one the most competitive careers out there, so your grades have to be 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽 . If not, then very best of luck, no doubt hard work will see you through! 😊 (btw, key words are SOOOO important)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! But, I really want to become a nurse. It's been my dream, but I suck at science. :/// Plus, what do you mean by keywords? Do you mean that I should learn lots of scientific words such as mitochondria or ...something. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skye99)
    I did triple science as everyone at my school had to we didn't have a choice, and to be honest its was a good thing because I ended up with 3 individual GCSEs rather than just 2 'science' GCSEs.Also, if you're doing an A Level in any sciences the 3rd module would leave you in good stead for it as this is the most challenging of the 3 modules. As you are considering doing a course in medicine I would say it would be best to do triple as it is a prestigious and competitive course and many unis will look at your GCSEs grades and it would look better.

Feel free to ask me any questions
    Goodluck You'll be fine

Thank you. What is the GCSE triple science about? What areas should I focus on mainly?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! But, I really want to become a nurse. It's been my dream, but I suck at science. :/// Plus, what do you mean by keywords? Do you mean that I should learn lots of scientific words such as mitochondria or ...something. XD
    All the subject terminology like 'aerobic respiration' etc. Some are pretty obvious (like the one I mentioned), and so easy to overlook

You'll learn it all along the way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedSquirrels)
    All the subject terminology like 'aerobic respiration' etc. Some are pretty obvious (like the one I mentioned), and so easy to overlook

You'll learn it all along the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I picked double and as long as you get good enough grades to enter for a level sciences, it doesn't matter. It will just be a bit harder if you've only done double, as you wouldn't have learnt everything that triple does, and triple can overlap with a level, making it the better choice if you were to go on to do science a levels and degrees. I, however, am on the same path to a medicine degree, but I wouldn't stress on it. Triple is not required, but can be favoured. it is more likely for them to pay the most attention to your a levels though, so as long as you have biology and chemistry a levels, you still stand a good chance. Like I mentioned, I want to take medicine (or something similar) but i'm only doing double. everything you need to know will be learnt whichever one you choose (providing it's not core - that is not the way to go if you want to study medicine as i'm pretty sure that stops you from doing a level sciences). Have fun and enjoy whatever you choose

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. What is the GCSE triple science about? What areas should I focus on mainly?
    I don't have all of my work still but it is just some of the stuff you already know but in more depth and some new concepts. For me I found biology 3 the toughest because there was just a lot that you needed to remember whereas in chemistry they introduce chemical calculations but as I enjoyed maths it wasn't an issue and they're simple so alls good In physics you have a few different equations but they're are ok .

I'm sorry it's not much but I hoped I gave a tiny insight

ReputationRep:
    I don't have all of my work still but it is just some of the stuff you already know but in more depth and some new concepts. For me I found biology 3 the toughest because there was just a lot that you needed to remember whereas in chemistry they introduce chemical calculations but as I enjoyed maths it wasn't an issue and they're simple so alls good In physics you have a few different equations but they're are ok .

I'm sorry it's not much but I hoped I gave a tiny insight
    It's alright, I'm the one who should apologise for asking too much. XD BTW, would you need to learn the periodic table? Because I've heard in the new exams they would not provide you with the periodic table. Plus, I have an exam tomorrow consisting of science, english and maths. They told me all of a sudden today and now I'm struggling to revise!! How should I revise?

ReputationRep:
    It's alright, I'm the one who should apologise for asking too much. XD BTW, would you need to learn the periodic table? Because I've heard in the new exams they would not provide you with the periodic table. Plus, I have an exam tomorrow consisting of science, english and maths. They told me all of a sudden today and now I'm struggling to revise!! How should I revise?
    Sorry this is so late I usually revise with A3 spider diagrams it helps me condense notes and learn them easily and quickly, if you can ask a parent or sibling to test you on what's on the sheet this is what I do and it really helps ! As for the periodic table in my GCSE there was a copy of it on the back of booklet but I don't know whether that is the case for this years GCSEs, if it is, there are lots of YouTube videos on how to learn it and picture it that would help, and if you do have it, it wouldn't be a bad thing to go over it a couple times just so when it comes to looking for an element it's fairly quick.
    Good luck for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Sorry this is so late I usually revise with A3 spider diagrams it helps me condense notes and learn them easily and quickly, if you can ask a parent or sibling to test you on what's on the sheet this is what I do and it really helps ! As for the periodic table in my GCSE there was a copy of it on the back of booklet but I don't know whether that is the case for this years GCSEs, if it is, there are lots of YouTube videos on how to learn it and picture it that would help, and if you do have it, it wouldn't be a bad thing to go over it a couple times just so when it comes to looking for an element it's fairly quick.
    Good luck for tomorrow
    Thanks. :3

ReputationRep:
    Is choosing triple science difficult? I want a career in medicine and I've heard that triple science is required. I'm worried I won't achieve great grades since it's complex, plus I'm not amazing at science. Also, how many GCSEs are you allowed to take? Would triple science be considered as three GCSEs? Thank you.
    If you are not amazing in sciences and it is even difficult for you to be interest in it, it is a hard way to be good in triple science.*

As triple sciences consists of three subjects, I suppose so that it is regarded as the GCSEs. *

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.