The Student Room Group

EU protection racket threatens to kneecap England

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Oh, no, I am fully embracing the result - I (and our friends in Brussels) am just making you feel the consequence.

Way more important than you lot for sure :u: The Southerners know that we bailed them out - at least they respect us. You're abandoning the ship that saved them - what do you think that'll make them feel about you, eh?

Hoho. What a joke, the Eurozone has ruined southern Europe, they do not respect Germany, the Greeks detest you and the Spanish hate you almost as much. I've never noticed Italian love for you either. As for the Poles and the Dutch, well....yeah surrounded by friends aren't you?

How is Germany more important than the UK, and how are Germans anymore outward looking, when there are swathes of Germany that have absolutely nothing but German culture in them? You simply cannot fathom that the UK is not your caricature, it is a global nation, always has been, and will continue to be, whilst Europe decays within the EU model.

You are still failing to process a global movement, and the fact the EU is doomed.
You must be one of the few Germans about who actually seem to think Merkels Refugee policy is a good idea.

You are so bitter it's untrue, and it's clear that Germany is going through massive social unrest, and a not anything like the prosperous economic dynamo of late you like to try and claim.

You are the encapsulation of why the EU is doomed- high handed condescension, and myopia. A complete lack of self-reflection or self-awareness, an inability to accept faults. Hectoring, self-righteous, self serving garbage about xenophobia. It is an argument with no integrity that flies in the face of a very basic logical fact- a political institution is distinct from a geographic continent.

Your comments about the South just sum up the whole thing. Holding people to ransom, dictating policy, exploiting the single currency and then cleaning Greece out, then telling them to be grateful, and threatening punishment with your protection racket. BS do they hate us, most with any sense hate you, and the Eurozone more. The project is doomed, and lets hope Southern Europeans take back their liberty and self-respect and get out of this monumentally contemptuous and arrogant institution. How dare you lecture people about being xenophobes or anti-Europe, your posts have a self-seeking German-centric arrogant condescension to Southern Europe all over them. You're not remotely 'pro-European', you are pro corporate monopoly, pro neo-liberalism, and pro German hegemony.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Hoho. What a joke, the Eurozone has ruined southern Europe,

Wrong, the Eurozone saved southern Europe.

they do not respect Germany, the Greeks detest you and the Spanish hate you almost as much. I've never noticed Italian love for you either.

How would you know, you sound like you very rarely get off your island (or out of the house, really). Greeks, Spaniards and Italians are learning German (not English) in droves -Goethe Institute courses have been booked out for years- so they can move and work in Germany - hardly hateful behavior.

As for the Poles and the Dutch, well....yeah surrounded by friends aren't you?

Eh, success and wealth creates jealousy. You sorry lot are the best example.

How is Germany more important than the UK,

Hmm, maybe economic and political power? And you lot just isolated yourself further. A diversified industry to speak of - while yours will suffer heavily.

and how are Germans anymore outward looking, when there are swathes of Germany that have absolutely nothing but German culture in them?

So migrants cannot be outward looking? You don't make sense, son.

You simply cannot fathom that the UK is not your caricature, it is a global nation, always has been, and will continue to be, whilst Europe decays within the EU model.

More like a small island which has been fading in relevance for centuries. How can you be a 'global nation' (i.e. being highly interconnected) when you're separating yourself from the very continent you are part of, and to which you have the closest ties culturally as well as economically? Do you think the US or China gives a damn about you? You're comically deluded.

You are still failing to process a global movement,[..]

Of small-minded, uneducated, xenophobic nationalists like you trying to take over? Good thing there's also global resistance to that.

and the fact the EU is doomed.

It's actually doing pretty well, especially now that the whining traitors are out...

You must be one of the few Germans about who actually seem to think Merkels Refugee policy is a good idea.

Nah, there are some 40 million other ones. You know, the ones with degrees and decency.

You are so bitter it's untrue, and it's clear that Germany is going through massive social unrest, and a not anything like the prosperous economic dynamo of late you like to try and claim.

Oh yes, there are cars burning in the street every night! Where did you read that, The Daily Mail? Suits your intellect.

Have you looked at the numbers? Germany IS the prosperous economic dynamo I claim it to be, and it's dominating the UK left and right.

a political institution is distinct from a geographic continent.

And that is what you don't get - it's not. The EU IS Europe. You cannot call yourself a true European if you reject membership and contribution to the very institution that represents and manifests shared European values and friendship. And the EU will make you lot feel that.

Your comments about the South just sum up the whole thing. Holding people to ransom, dictating policy, exploiting the single currency and then cleaning Greece out, then telling them to be grateful, and threatening punishment with your protection racket.

Who doesn't play by the rules, and needs help, isn't exactly in the position to make demands. Nevertheless, Greece was treated fairly and is much better off now. Look deeper into their case, you lot will be next crying for help when your laughable, undiversified economy slips back into permanent recession - pity there won't be anyone to help then.

BS do they hate us, most with any sense hate you, and the Eurozone more.

Nah, everyone does hate the elitist, whining, entitled, seperationist Brits that never wanted to support weaker members and were only looking for the best deal for themselves.

How dare you lecture people about being xenophobes or anti-Europe, your posts have a self-seeking German-centric arrogant condescension to Southern Europe all over them. You're not remotely 'pro-European', you are pro corporate monopoly, pro neo-liberalism, and pro German hegemony.

Oh, maybe because 'people' voted to leave the EU on the back of a highly xenophobic campaign - and they weren't even coy about it? I am a true European and demand from my country to fulfill it's duty to its fellow EU members at any time (we are still the biggest payer into the EU pot and it should totally stay that way) - but I am also for letting Britain feel the full impact of historic mistake it made. It's understandable that scares you (as you'll be unemployed after graduation), but that doesn't make your ridiculous accusations and thin arguments any more correct.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hoho. What a joke, the Eurozone has ruined southern Europe, they do not respect Germany, the Greeks detest you and the Spanish hate you almost as much. I've never noticed Italian love for you either. As for the Poles and the Dutch, well....yeah surrounded by friends aren't you?

How is Germany more important than the UK, and how are Germans anymore outward looking, when there are swathes of Germany that have absolutely nothing but German culture in them? You simply cannot fathom that the UK is not your caricature, it is a global nation, always has been, and will continue to be, whilst Europe decays within the EU model.

You are still failing to process a global movement, and the fact the EU is doomed.

You are the encapsulation of why the EU is doomed- high handed condescension, and myopia. A complete lack of self-reflection or self-awareness, an inability to accept faults. Hectoring, self-righteous, self serving garbage about xenophobia. It is an argument with no integrity that flies in the face of a very basic logical fact- a political institution is distinct from a geographic continent.

Your comments about the South just sum up the whole thing. Holding people to ransom, dictating policy, exploiting the single currency and then cleaning Greece out, then telling them to be grateful, and threatening punishment with your protection racket. BS do they hate us, most with any sense hate you, and the Eurozone more. The project is doomed, and lets hope Southern Europeans take back their liberty and self-respect and get out of this monumentally contemptuous and arrogant institution. How dare you lecture people about being xenophobes or anti-Europe, your posts have a self-seeking German-centric arrogant condescension to Southern Europe all over them. You're not remotely 'pro-European', you are pro corporate monopoly, pro neo-liberalism, and pro German hegemony.

The only thing the UK has done right in recent years is the marketing of the PL.

It's main advantage in the world right now, English, is being driven by the US, not itself.
Well Teuton, the UK has a nuclear weapon. You don't. You're extremely lucky we didn't do more than the bombing of Dresden, we behaved decently and saved the continent from German domination. I'm not remotely jealous of Germany....unlike you I argue proportionately. Germany is a moderately powerful economy, that is suffering a downturn as many are. To suggest that it is so beyond question, and unequivocally so much more than the UK, is indicative of your stock in trade- indoctrination and anglophobia. The only envy I can hear is yours, and the fact the EU has so little objectively to commend it, is precisely why it must try to 'make us feel the pain' of exit. It simply can't win the objective case. Push on, with more Europe, more centralization, and threats of punishment for those who leave. It will fail to work, i can assure you. The EU is doomed, you are behind the political curve.

How would you know, you sound like you very rarely get off your island (or out of the house, really). Greeks, Spaniards and Italians are learning German (not English) in droves -Goethe Institute courses have been booked out for years- so they can move and work in Germany - hardly hateful behavior.

More like a small island which has been fading in relevance for centuries. How can you be a 'global nation' (i.e. being highly interconnected) when you're separating yourself from the very continent you are part of, and to which you have the closest ties culturally as well as economically? Do you think the US or China gives a damn about you? You're comically deluded.

It's actually doing pretty well, especially now that the whining traitors are out...

Oh yes, there are cars burning in the street every night!

Have you looked at the numbers? Germany IS the prosperous economic dynamo I claim it to be, and it's dominating the UK left and right.

And that is what you don't get - it's not. The EU IS Europe. You cannot call yourself a true European if you reject membership and contribution to the very institution that represents and manifests shared European values and friendship. And the EU will make you lot feel that.

Who doesn't play by the rules, and needs help, isn't exactly in the position to make demands. Nevertheless, Greece was treated fairly and is much better off now. Look deeper into their case, you lot will be next crying for help when your laughable, undiversified economy slips back into permanent recession - pity there won't be anyone to help then.

Nah, everyone does hate the elitist, whining, entitled, seperationist Brits that never wanted to support weaker members and were only looking for the best deal for themselves.

Only because the Eurozone and EU destroyed their economies and employment. You are utterly clueless about this, your denial is the EU's denial. The EU and Eurozone has utterly decimated Southern Europe.

Err, you were the one who suggested that the US or China cares more about Germany than the UK...this is a lie. And anyhow, I couldn't care less what they think, this is your obsession. A global UK is one that can have free trade and not live within the confines of an authoritarian, bureaucratic protectionist cartel that threatens it's members into more political union. No thankyou, that is 20th century European history all over again and I want no part.

Sounds like Malmo a lot. If you can't distinguish between non-politically correct common sense and bigotry, it is again a hallmark of indoctrination.

The EU is only Europe of you are brainwashed. We don't have any obligation to it, the only traitors are the people who want to give our sovereignty away to Isalmists, neo-nazis and anti-semites.

Greece treated fairly, what a joke. Most Europeans can see how utterly self-serving your arguments are. You even call yourself 'Teuton', can you imagine your self-righteousness if one of the terrible 'knuckle dragging' Brits said something similarly ethnic-nationalist?

Elitist and looking for the best deal for yourselves, well every nation looks for the best deal for themselves, and your posts are dripping with sneering, elitism, and whininess.

If you want to believe the EU is in great condition, good for you, it will make your causes prospects even worse.
(edited 7 years ago)
This is rather interesting....

Only because the Eurozone and EU destroyed their economies and employment. You are utterly clueless about this, your denial is the EU's denial. The EU and Eurozone has utterly decimated Southern Europe.

Err, you were the one who suggested that the US or China cares more about Germany than the UK...this is a lie. And anyhow, I couldn't care less what they think, this is your obsession. A global UK is one that can have free trade and not live within the confines of an authoritarian, bureaucratic protectionist cartel that threatns it's mambers into more political union. No thankyou, that is 20th centruy European hsitroy all over again and I want no part.

Sounds like Malmo a lot. If you can't distinguish between non-politically correct common sense and bigotry, it is again a hallmark of indoctrination.

The EU is only Europe of you are brainwashed. We don't have any obligation to it, the only traitors are the people who want to give our sovereignty away to Isalmists, neo-nazis and anti-semites.

Greece treated fairly, what a joke. Most Europeans can see how utterly self-serving your arguments are. You even call yourself 'Teuton', can you imagine your self-righteousness if one of the terrible 'knuckle dragging' Brits said something similarly ethnic-nationalist?

Elitist and looking for the best deal for yourselves, well every nation looks for the best deal for themselves, and your posts are dripping with sneering, elitism, and whininess.

If you want to believe the EU is in great condition, good for you, it will make your causes prospects even worse.

I wouldn't bother with him. It's like arguing with a brick wall.*
What can I say, I like central London, with its urbane, pro-European people. Of course that means I can still talk down to you knuckle-dragging, xenophobic (surely also homophobic) nationalists in the rest of the UK who'd never study abroad to broaden their horizon when they actually have better universities at home.

Why would I want to go abroad for? You say Central London so you like, so basically anyone who doesn't like Germans plan is hated? I'd rather be hated, I'm also gay and none of my family are homophobic, nor are they xenophobic, go to the areas who voted out before labelling us,
Original post by Big, Thick Wali
and yet you call us racists...

He's not entirely wrong though...
Original post by ckfeister
Why would I want to go abroad for?

If I understand your terrible English correctly, you want to know what you would want to go abroad for. Here are some suggestions:

- Broaden your cultural horizon, see new things, meet new people
- Expose yourself to a different, stimulating academic culture and environment
- Become more independent and assertive in a different environment
- Improve your intercultural and language skills
- Collect international experience which is highly valued by employers

You say Central London so you like, so basically anyone who doesn't like Germans plan is hated? I'd rather be hated,

Were you drunk while writing this?

I don't hate anyone (or use the word lightly, ever), I just prefer open-minded, worldly people over nationalists.

I'm also gay and none of my family are homophobic, nor are they xenophobic, go to the areas who voted out before labelling us,

Good for you. Unfortunately, you and your family are a minority in the Leave camp.
If I understand your terrible English correctly, you want to know what you would want to go abroad for. Here are some suggestions:

- Broaden your cultural horizon, see new things, meet new people
- Expose yourself to a different, stimulating academic culture and environment
- Become more independent and assertive in a different environment
- Improve your intercultural and language skills
- Collect international experience which is highly valued by employers

Were you drunk while writing this?

I don't hate anyone (or use the word lightly, ever), I just prefer open-minded, worldly people over nationalists.

Good for you. Unfortunately, you and your family are a minority in the Leave camp.

Nope. How is my English bad then? Correct it... and this one.
Well Teuton, the UK has a nuclear weapon. You don't.

Yeah, because that's relevant in this day and age. The cold war is over, son. Clinging to the last straw much?

Germany is a moderately powerful economy, that is suffering a downturn as many are.

You know, you might actually come close to having a point here and there, but statements like these, which are obviously factually untrue, sabotage your cause tremendously, and render you as little more than a caricature of a hate-filled nationalist.

The only envy I can hear is yours

Sure, because a finance-focused economy that 98% of respectable organisations, think-tanks and experts predicted to be permanently worse-off with a currency that took a huge hit commands envy!

It will fail to work, i can assure you.

It seems to work pretty well so far. You have pissed off a huge trading bloc which you heavily depend on - doesn't sound too good, does it?
Nope. How is my English bad then? Correct it... and this one.

It's either
'Why would I want to go abroad?'
or
'What would I want to go abroad for?
but not
'Why would I want to go abroad for?' which is not a correct English sentence.

My goodness, do us Europeans have to teach you lot even English now?!
This is rather interesting....

So two thirds of the southern European nations in this poll name Germany as the most trustworthy nation in Europe. Yep, pure, unadulterated resentment and hate, no respect at all.

Here's a tip: If you want to prove a point, don't quote polls that disprove your point.

Failed economic policy, lack of fiscal discipline, global economic crises, and wide-spread tax evasion 'destroyed their economies and employment'. The EU bailed them out.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Err, you were the one who suggested that the US or China cares more about Germany than the UK...this is a lie.

It's the truth - even if it destroys your convenient narrative of the UK still punching above its weight, which it doesn't. As nicely put in the article I recently made a thread on (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/17/we-are-europeans-brexit-leaving-eu-irony-diplomacy), the UK isn't seen as anything more than a European nation overseas - and with the hit its economy will take, its importance is further dwindling.

And anyhow, I couldn't care less what they think, this is your obsession.

Oh, I would say it is YOUR obsession, given how often you've pointed out (the lie) of how the UK is a 'global' nation and how important it is.

A global UK is one that can have free trade and not live within the confines of an authoritarian, bureaucratic protectionist cartel that threatens it's members into more political union. No thankyou, that is 20th century European history all over again and I want no part.

Nobody has been threatening anyone, and a common market is no cartel. It is not authoritarian, with your constant moaning, whining, and looking for your own advantage you just ended up alienating everyone and getting a bad deal.

The EU is only Europe of you are brainwashed.

Please write English one can understand.

Greece treated fairly, what a joke. Most Europeans can see how utterly self-serving your arguments are.

Wrong. A small minority thinks that. Once again you don't have your facts straight, son.

You even call yourself 'Teuton', can you imagine your self-righteousness if one of the terrible 'knuckle dragging' Brits said something similarly ethnic-nationalist?

Really, do I call myself that? Last time I checked it said 'Teutonic', which is an adjective meaning 'German'. I am indicating my nationality in my user name, using an alliteration. Hilarious how you attempt to interpret an 'ethnic-nationalist' message into this. But then pretty much everything you say is hilarious.

No, actually not every nation is looking for the best deal for them. It's called the idea of European friendship and brotherhood, where one carries more weight if one has more strength. But I am not surprised you're not familiar with that, the UK never got it.
Slovakian? Are they even relevent? We'll leave the single market and still be richer than them.

Ahh a slice of casual racism, just what I expected from a Brexiter.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Ahh a slice of casual racism, just what I expected from a Brexiter.

How's saying their irrelevent racism? Typical hard lefties.
It's either
'Why would I want to go abroad?'
or
'What would I want to go abroad for?
but not
'Why would I want to go abroad for?' which is not a correct English sentence.

My goodness, do us Europeans have to teach you lot even English now?!

What on Earth you talking about? Your sentences doesn't make any difference. When you asking someone you say " why " not " what ", the " what " would confuse the sentence " What would I want to go abroad for? " change that to why and its correct. Why did the " for " need to be removed for? The for is a hangon for you to say why, and your points were also a bit silly.

I'm also happy to stay in UK for university, doesn't mean I'm not international or that I'm "xenophobic" infact, I dated an Italian guy, have friend at USA, know someone in college who's from Nepal and I'm sure I'll meet more as UK is one of the most multicultural in the WORLD. We have little Indie, Pakistan, German, Italy, American villages. EU is a block of countries who only focus on themselves rather than internationally.
What on Earth you talking about? Your sentences doesn't make any difference. When you asking someone you say " why " not " what ", the " what " would confuse the sentence " What would I want to go abroad for? " change that to why and its correct. Why did the " for " need to be removed for? The for is a hangon for you to say why, and your points were also a bit silly.

I'm also happy to stay in UK for university, doesn't mean I'm not international or that I'm "xenophobic" infact, I dated an Italian guy, have friend at USA, know someone in college who's from Nepal and I'm sure I'll meet more as UK is one of the most multicultural in the WORLD. We have little Indie, Pakistan, German, Italy, American villages. EU is a block of countries who only focus on themselves rather than internationally.

Yup, UK does.

The only supposed focus you have "internationally" is one where you think you can benefit from.
Your sentences doesn't make any difference.

have friend at USA

I'd say you have thoroughly disqualified yourself from commenting on English grammar and sentence structure now.

I'm also happy to stay in UK for university, doesn't mean I'm not international

Yeah, it means exactly that. And having suffered through reading your error-strewn nonsense, I am pretty sure now you wouldn't even get into a university outside the UK.

I am done with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending