Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Am I being unreasonable?
    I am 17 and have 2 jobs. I earn £140 a week on average whilst at sixth form. I have to give my mom £20 a week (but that is not enough and thinks I should be giving her at least £80)
    I have to buy my own books and clothes etc, which is fine.
    I will also have to pay for my own driving lessons which will be over £80 a month, however I cannot start them as my mom says they are all too expensive, but I cant find no cheaper. Then my mom complains and calls me lazy etc.
    Today I told her I was joining the gym and she started shouting at me calling me selfish and how the gym is pointless etc and in the next breath will tell me Im fat and need to lose weight.
    She also keeps telling me I need to move out, because she did at 19 and she tells me Im selfish like my dad and that my dad doesnt love me and everything.

What can I do?
    All my mom cares about is money and she is quite selfish and not loving to me at all as her daughter.

She doesnt even want me to go to uni as she says its expensive and a waste of time.

My mom earns £45,000 a year which is quite good, as well as bonuses.

I cannot deal with all this stress. Also, although she cares about money too much, she gets mad at me for working. I can never win. She also always complains about me to people and makes me look really bad, like she is a perfect mother.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.