The Student Room Group

If my AS garde was a C is it possible to get a A in my A2?

I'm studying Communication and Culture and have just finished my AS unit. my coursework for this unit got a C and so did my exam giving me an overall grade of a C. Taking into account I didn't put in the effort I could of to get myself a better grade due to personal reasons. However circumstances have changed and I am now considering uni and want to get the best grade possible in order to guarantee a place with the course I want. is it still possible for me to get a B or maybe even an A in my A2 unit?
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by JaydeB23
I'm studying Communication and Culture and have just finished my AS unit. my coursework for this unit got a C and so did my exam giving me an overall grade of a C. Taking into account I didn't put in the effort I could of to get myself a better grade due to personal reasons. However circumstances have changed and I am now considering uni and want to get the best grade possible in order to guarantee a place with the course I want. is it still possible for me to get a B or maybe even an A in my A2 unit?

I went from a C to an A* in Psychology in my A-Levels, so in theory it is definitely possible, however your coursework may make it less achievable as I assume you may not be able to redo those? If you were to retake the exam and work really hard in A2 you should definitely be able to get it up to a B at least, and of course you can aim higher than that if you can.
Original post by JaydeB23

Yes! but the best thing would be just resit the AS exam to make it easier for your self, currently looking at it, you probably will need an A in all exams just to get a B... Maybe higher or lower, depending on the weight of each exam.

Quick Reply