The Student Room Group

Bad GCSEs but good A-Levels. Chances of uni offers?

Wondering if my GCSEs would put me at a disadvantage when applying to my unis. Applying for Biochem in Bath, Edinburgh, York, Exeter and Nottingham.
Which am I most likely to get offers from?

GCSE: AABBBBBC and Merit for music. The As are for science and the B's are for the basic subjects maths, geog etc. C for French.
AS: A Biology, A Economics, B Chemistry
A2 Predicted: A*AA
Definitely you can

At least I hope so, because I'm in a very similar situation to you!

Just select your universities wisely, avoiding those which put a lot of emphasis on GCSEs like Oxford, LSE, Durham, and (somewhat) Nottingham. I think your university choices are fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Definitely you can

At least I hope so, because I'm in a very similar situation to you!

Just select your universities wisely, avoiding those which put a lot of emphasis on GCSEs like Oxford, LSE, Durham, and (somewhat) Nottingham. I think your university choices are fine.

Hopefully! Are you applying for biochem too? And which unis are you hoping to apply for?
In my eyes, Getting better grades at A-Level than GCSE's is impressive and shows you're willing to work harder
Original post by valbrechts
Hopefully! Are you applying for biochem too? And which unis are you hoping to apply for?

Nah I'm applying for Law, applying to Cambridge, UCL, Bristol, Manchester/Warwick, and Liverpool.

At GCSE I got A*AAAABBBBCCC, at AS I got Distinction* + AAB.
Wouldn't be surprised if you got 5 offers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where did you end up going ?
Reply 7
Original post by Gabi02
Where did you end up going ?

Hey! I applied to all of those unis for Biochem and got 5 offers. Im actually in my 2nd year in Warwick now :smile:
My predicted A Levels were a bit over the top though lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending