Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Corbyn's Momentum to set up a "children's wing"

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliccam)
    It seems the purpose of this post is to simply trash something, without really bothering to find out what is really about.
    It seems the purpose of your post is to attack my topic, without bothering to actually read it, or I don't know, actually apply any serious thinking or critical analysis. It remains to be seen if you're actually capable of that.

I know exactly what this is about; Momentum has been very clear. This "creche" will be involved in "politically educating" children under 5. That is disgusting.

Just because I look at the same set of facts and come to a different set of conclusions doesn't mean I'm somehow evil or malicious, though it is a common tendency on the hard left always to impugn the motives/morality of the people they are arguing against, rather than accept they could look at the same facts and think differently about them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I'm unclear how you can sensibly describe not borrowing more money, and trying to pay off part of the debt, as "sitting on that wealth".
    it's leftist magic money tree logic ...

also forgetting that a lot of the money wasted by Blair and Brown was on authoritarian and statist programmes and/or spent on lay management rather than supporting practitioners ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IkeaLamp)
    Did you misunderstand? This is about how a left-wing youth branch is apparently the Nazi Youth or Lenin's Youth Union - by expansion, this means the OP thinks that Momentum or Corbyn's labour is essentially the Nazi party or something. Making some threats to MPs and listing them does not constitute to this. Its pathetic that you're trying to smear a progressive movement against austerity as a group who would gas Jewish people. Disgusting, please go.
    these are the actions of Momentum , people who make no attempt to present any form of party unity ...

Momentum may well split the labour party nad reduce it;s chances of every governing again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    A creche run by people who aren't CRB checked (in other words a giant-neon sign saying "Paedophiles Welcome")
    are you the daily mail

ReputationRep:
    Labour is A mess.

ReputationRep:
    A creche run by people who aren't CRB checked
    No-one's been CRB checked since 2012. The relevant process now is a DBS check.

I don't see where you're getting this from, anyway. Why do you assume that it is inherently different from the Labour conference creche in this regard, for example? Or say, the Capitol Hill Babysitting Co-op?

and which has openly said it will politically indoctrinate (or "politically
    educate", as James Schneider put it), children under the age of 5.
    James Schneider isn't running Momentum Kids or in fact doing anything other than tweeting about it. The evidence of actual 'political' stuff (there is also non-political stuff) directed at kids on Momentum Kids' social media accounts is as mundane and generic as a school mock election - do you object to those?

You're making hugely far-reaching claims and predictions, seemingly solely due to disliking the politics of the women who've set up the group.

Tell me, what would Jeremy Corbyn have to do for you to criticise him?
    I'm critical of Corbyn on plenty of things. I think his PR and media strategy over the past year (at least prior to the current leadership campaign) has been pretty poor and weak. McDonnell seems to understand media a lot better than Corbyn, for some reason. I was very disappointed Corbyn didn't campaign for Leave in the EU referendum. On a much broader issue, I'm an anarchist, while Corbyn is most certainly not. The kind of more generically soclialist policies Corbyn supports are, for him, probably the end goal, more or less. but for me they're preferable and a step in the right direction, but still a substantial distance from what I'd ideally like to see.

For the record, I'm not an activist or member of Labour or Momentum, nor have I voted for Corbyn in the leadership election. I like him, he's closer to my politics than the vast bulk of MPs, and I'll give him my vote come a general election, but I don't in any way shape my political views around him, contrary to your own apparent obsession with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    No-one's been CRB checked since 2012. The relevant process now is a DBS check.
    Ahh, I can see you've decided to go to the substance of the issue. Lesser intellects often do fixate on irrelevant details, so I'm not entirely surprised.

I like him, he's closer to my politics than the vast bulk of MPs, and I'll give him my vote come a general election, but I don't in any way shape my political views around him
    :lol:

I hope that works out for you, voting for a corrupt, anti-semitic, homophobic loon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    are you the daily mail
    Am I... a newspaper? :lol:

Perhaps you've not very knowledgeable about politics, but in the Labour Party not everyone is a supporter of Jezbollah

ReputationRep:
    Am I... a newspaper? :lol:

Perhaps you've not very knowledgeable about politics, but in the Labour Party not everyone is a supporter of Jezbollah
    Jesus Christ if jabronis like you are running things in the Labour party no wonder they can't get rid of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Jesus Christ if jabronis like you are running things in the Labour party no wonder they can't get rid of him.
    So before I was the Daily Mail, now I'm 'running the Labour Party' :lol:

Are you drunk? Don't answer that, btw. I don't care about your personal problems.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I can see you've decided to go to the substance of the issue. Lesser intellects often do fixate on irrelevant details, so I'm not entirely surprised.

:lol:

I hope that works out for you, voting for a corrupt, anti-semitic, homophobic loon
    As anyone can see from literally the previous post to yours, I said quite a bit more than you have opted to quote. Yet, ironically given your post, you've chosen to respond (well, not even really respond as such, just attempt to get a couple of stretched ad hominems) only to a couple of tangental comments.

ReputationRep:
    As anyone can see from literally the previous post to yours, I said quite a bit more than you have opted to quote. Yet, ironically given your post, you've chosen to respond (well, not even really respond as such, just attempt to get a couple of stretched ad hominems) only to a couple of tangental comments.
    "Lesser intellects often do fixate on irrelevant details," he says, as he chooses to ignore 90% of your substantive response to him. :moon:

I think his obsession with Corbyn and recourse to trite insults when faced with an opposing argument makes him rather impossible to engage in a fruitful discussion with (not for your lack of trying, mind).

ReputationRep:
    and the processeds and levels of disclosure are fundamentally the same the main change being option to make the enhanced levels of disclosure 'portable' at a cost to the individual rather than each employer being charged for a disclosure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    and the processeds and levels of disclosure are fundamentally the same the main change being option to make the enhanced levels of disclosure 'portable' at a cost to the individual rather than each employer being charged for a disclosure
    The point isn't about the difference between the two, but rather that using outdated terminology suggests he had no evidence for such a claim. If he was basing the claim on an actual real source, he'd likely know that DBS is the current term.

ReputationRep:
    The point isn't about the difference between the two, but rather that using outdated terminology suggests he had no evidence for such a claim. If he was basing the claim on an actual real source, he'd likely know that DBS is the current term.
    how many people pay ' road tax' despite the fact it;s not been called that for 80 years or talk about the DHSS and UB40s despite the fact that;s 20- 30 years out of date ( DWP and i'm not sure when the UC equivalent to the UB40/JSA40 is )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Capitialism might not be ideal, but it is certainly necessary. The alternative is poverty, oppression and death - the hallmarks of every nation that had tried communism.
    The communist regimes you refer to still used a monetary and capitalist system. They are nothing to do with what I am suggesting.

ReputationRep:
    The communist regimes you refer to still used a monetary and capitalist system. They are nothing to do with what I am suggesting.
    You're suggesting the final stage of Marx's vision?

A society without a monetary system whereby everything's value is determined by its usefulness and any surplus is fed back into the collectively owned pot.

ReputationRep:
    This is nonsense. I help to run a sports club which uses DBS procedures to vet its coaches and helpers and we all (the organisers, that is) still use the term CRB for the vetting procedure, though we know its name has changed.

People use wrong or old terminology all the time, and everyone knows what they mean. Examples are road tax (mentioned earlier), dialling and hanging up phone calls, calling the TV the tube, making or sending carbon copies (or CCs), calling musical pieces on CDs or even MP3s tracks even though the LP is gone and there are no tracks, the use of "broken record", even "hold your horses". I still even call 50p ten bob.

ReputationRep:
    That's right, not a youth division but a wing for young children.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...abour-movement

Yes, creative and inquisitive. Also impressionable and malleable.

Perhaps they can call it the Young Pioneers? Or the Jezbollah Youth? If you think the latter is unfair, the valid point being made is that having a children's wing, indoctrinating them with ideology while they're too young to apply critical thought, is a basic activity carried out by all totalitarian movements (and by religions and cults).

Such a thing is alien to the British political tradition, we've never had a major political party setting up a sub-organisation designed to indoctrinate children. Even the name sounds sinister;

Will the children in this group be taught to denounce their parents if they express anti-Party thoughts?

Of course the wits will say that Momentum is already a movement for children. Or that this new organisation will be called Child Labour.

JamesN88 KimKallstrom Bornblue Rakas21
    Why's he bothering? He'll not be leader come the GE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    An idea pretty much unnatural for humans. Humans tend to create systems of money, what you are suggesting (apart from plunging the world into a primitive society) is completely against the human intuition

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which would you rather be...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.