Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Libertarian official statement

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Did you not read where I said 'free at the point of use'?
    It's still being paid for.

ReputationRep:
    I am opposed to this and i urge the speaker to reject it to , The failure of the Nat Libs plays a big part in my reasoning , The Nat libs promised activity ,a new approach and a new type of party , they failed on every attempt and were closed a few months later ... 2 Members is simple not enough and it's more then just having 10 members it's about getting people to stay around to actually play a part in the MHoC and a party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I am opposed to this and i urge the speaker to reject it to , The failure of the Nat Libs plays a big part in my reasoning , The Nat libs promised activity ,a new approach and a new type of party , they failed on every attempt and were closed a few months later ... 2 Members is simple not enough and it's more then just having 10 members it's about getting people to stay around to actually play a part in the MHoC and a party
    I understand that completely.

Just one question, if for some reason we aren't active, does that somehow destroy the house? Or does it just mean you close us down? I really can't see why it would be such an issue to close us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    I understand that completely.

Just one question, if for some reason we aren't active, does that somehow destroy the house? Or does it just mean you close us down? I really can't see why it would be such an issue to close us?
    You don't have 10 members , You need 10 members to form a party and those members actually need to stick around to play a part of the MHoC and the parties as a whole. The Nat libs had 10 members and only around 3 of them actually posted and engaged in debate. If this was a party i will predict i would fail within 2 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    I'm pretty confident that I as one member, could do a lot more than some parties combined.

As has been said, that's called being an independent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomanBowling33)
    It's still being paid for.
    Do you know what 'free at the point of use' means? Because of you do then you're butting in with a rather irrelevant comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Do you know what 'free at the point of use' means? Because of you do then you're butting in with a rather irrelevant comment.
    I do but paying voluntarily at the point of use is preferable to being forced to pay the state so that it's "free" at the point of use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomanBowling33)
    I do but paying voluntarily at the point of use is preferable to being forced to pay the state so that it's "free" at the point of use.
    It's good you've gone back to just stating an opinion rather than trying to correct me on something I didn't get wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Please see my post in the other thread.

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.