Just one sec...
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

The Official AQA A-Level Business Thread

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I couldn't find one on here so I've set up one myself! This is for all people doing the new spec AQA business course at A level. All people are welcome - AS or A2 - as what we all learn is the same!

I'm currently doing A2 after getting an A at AS. It's bloody annoying because I've lost the A now as it's new spec and it doesn't count towards my overall grade but I'm pretty dedicated and I'm going to keep going back over AS material while it's still fresh in my head.

Feel free to use this thread to chat, ask for help, whatever. If you go on my profile, I have created absolutely loads of study resources for Business (and my other subjects), so feel free to check them out! I have also made flashcards and quizzes on Cram and so I will post a link to those later on in this thread. Other than that, hope you all are enjoying business! How are you all finding it? For those who are new, what do you think? How good are you at the analysis and evaluation skills?

Just a final note, I created a thread last week about setting up a WhatsApp group for this spec, but nobody got back to me. I am more than happy to set one up for real if we get people who would be willing to take part. If we all work together, we can help each other through this nightmare that is called A levels!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Congrats on your A at AS! I'm actually struggling with business studies. I don't know how to write essays and write things that are relevant. I know about PEEL and DISCOM but it doesn't seem to help me. If u had any advice or tips on writing business essays (except for practicing a lot of past papers with mark schemes cause I already know it) I would appreciate it. For example, how would u approach this question: To what extent is it likely that Tesla will become a profitable business? (25 marks) I want to see every step that successful business studies student would take to write this essay like where do you start from, what are u thinking about when u see this question etc. if that makes sense. Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandii0912)
    Hi! Congrats on your A at AS! I'm actually struggling with business studies. I don't know how to write essays and write things that are relevant. I know about PEEL and DISCOM but it doesn't seem to help me. If u had any advice or tips on writing business essays (except for practicing a lot of past papers with mark schemes cause I already know it) I would appreciate it. For example, how would u approach this question: To what extent is it likely that Tesla will become a profitable business? (25 marks) I want to see every step that successful business studies student would take to write this essay like where do you start from, what are u thinking about when u see this question etc. if that makes sense. Thanks a lot
    Well I'll be more than happy to help you! PM me anytime and I'll help you with all topics. I sort of picked it up gradually throughout the year. My teacher has sent off for my actual papers to be sent back to school so as soon as they arrive I'll be able to see what I did in my exam and I'll be able to help you there!

One thing I will suggest is use ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING the case study is telling you. If you pick bits out that are relevant to the question, analyse them deeply and completely say what you want about them, and then justify yourself, you will see your scores rise dramatically!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How do you eat your pizza

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22

Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.