The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Contract Question

Hi,

I'm a postgraduate about to move into university accomodation, and I have a question related to the contract.

It states that a tenant is "Not to use the Accommodation for any other purpose other than a study-bedroom nor to share the Accommodation with overnight visitors or sub-let it or transfer occupancy to any other person".

Does this mean that no overnight visitors are allowed at all (including partners, girlfriend/boyfriend)?

Thanks,

David
Different unis have different levels of tolerance (eg. guests up to 3 nights, or guests if they sign in/out), so it's worth establishing how closely your specific uni sticks to the letter of the contract, or you may find yourself in breach of the terms.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by CycleBox
Hi,

I'm a postgraduate about to move into university accomodation, and I have a question related to the contract.

It states that a tenant is "Not to use the Accommodation for any other purpose other than a study-bedroom nor to share the Accommodation with overnight visitors or sub-let it or transfer occupancy to any other person".

Does this mean that no overnight visitors are allowed at all (including partners, girlfriend/boyfriend)?

Thanks,

David

In theory yes, but doubt they would ever find out and doubt they would care for a few niights but would be less impressed if partners were there for several nights a week or for extended periods. The bigger issue is they dont want you sub letting because they like to know who lives there and they dont want multiple occupancy for a single room. Phrasing the contract in that way covers them.
Reply 3
Thanks for your responses!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending