The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Starting Life at NTU

Hi everyone,

First of all, I thought I’d introduce myself and get all of that out of the way. My name is Tim; I study Marketing at Nottingham Trent University. I am currently on my placement year as a Marketing Assistant at the university as a part of my degree.

These threads will act as blog posts giving you all the information you need to know about life at NTU and the application process, whether you’re a current NTU student or just thinking about going to uni.

If you’re coming to NTU later this week; congratulations, get ready for some of the best years of your life and welcome to the Trent Army! These next couple of weeks are going to be a rollercoaster of emotions; moving away from home, meeting lots of new people, making new friends, living with flatmates and starting your new course.

I’m sure that packing has already started with trips with the ‘rents to IKEA making sure you’re kitted out with every kitchen utensil under the sun. In my first year our halls’ kitchen had everything from a garlic crusher to a cheese slicer and more toastie-makers than flatmates! Storage space can be limited in halls’ kitchens so it might be wise to just bring the essentials for now;

Spoiler

It’s worth checking what’s provided at your accommodation so you don’t turn up with two of everything. Moving out and moving into halls means that you’ll have to think about things that you’ve never had to think about before, like what duvet ‘tog’ do you want?!

Tim’s Top Tip Don’t be that guy who forgets to bring coat hangers!

Before you arrive at NTU be sure to start the enrolment process online this helps to relieve some of the stress of moving in. When you arrive at NTU this weekend bring your NTU ID number with you to your campus enrolment location where you will collect your NTU student card and Fresher’s wristband. At this point you can also register with the health centre here in Nottingham so you’re sorted for when (not if) freshers’ flu hits.

Moving to uni can be equally scary as it exciting, the nerves and realisation of moving to a new city suddenly hit me as I was squashed in the back of the car surrounded by my many utensils on the way to Nottingham. My advice would be to remember that it’s perfectly normal to be feeling nervous and you’ll soon realise that you aren’t alone.

I hope you found this helpful, I’m more than happy to answer any questions you might have

Be sure to follow @NTUWelcomeWeek to get connected with everything happening during Welcome Week #helloNTU

Tim

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending