Just one sec...
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Essex south tower questions (Uinversity of Essex)

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Take our short survey, £100 of Amazon vouchers to be won! 23-09-2016

ReputationRep:
    So I've been accepted into the south towers accommodation, pretty excited to start life in university, and I have a few questions.

Prepayments -

On the university website I've seen a page dedicated to accommodation prepayments but I've had no information about if I'm supposed to be paying this fee. So far I've had no emails, letters or any sort of confirmation about these payments despite being given the letter saying that I have the room. Have I avoided this because I chose Essex as a firm choice or have I just been a bit of a wilf and missed something?

Deliveries -

I'm a lazy guy. I'll be the first to admit this. if at all possible I will always opt a takeaway over cooking my own meals. When I inevitably give in to the cravings of kebabs and Pizza am I allowed to have them delivered to me on campus? If so, is there an area I need to go to to collect the food?

Room numbers -

Like I mentioned above I'm going to be living in the south towers, Eddington Tower to be precise, and I'm confused how the room numbering scheme works. I've been placed in room EDD11/15. Is this Floor 11, room 15? I'm sure I can work it out when I'm there but with out context it's a little confusing.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to start in October also, so I can't answer all your questions but I can tell you there is no accommodation deposits for undergraduates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkopus)
    So I've been accepted into the south towers accommodation, pretty excited to start life in university, and I have a few questions.

Prepayments -

On the university website I've seen a page dedicated to accommodation prepayments but I've had no information about if I'm supposed to be paying this fee. So far I've had no emails, letters or any sort of confirmation about these payments despite being given the letter saying that I have the room. Have I avoided this because I chose Essex as a firm choice or have I just been a bit of a wilf and missed something?

Deliveries -

I'm a lazy guy. I'll be the first to admit this. if at all possible I will always opt a takeaway over cooking my own meals. When I inevitably give in to the cravings of kebabs and Pizza am I allowed to have them delivered to me on campus? If so, is there an area I need to go to to collect the food?

Room numbers -

Like I mentioned above I'm going to be living in the south towers, Eddington Tower to be precise, and I'm confused how the room numbering scheme works. I've been placed in room EDD11/15. Is this Floor 11, room 15? I'm sure I can work it out when I'm there but with out context it's a little confusing.

Cheers!
    Hi,

I'm a graduate now so I can answer your questions

1) No prepayments for undergraduates.

2) I know the feeling well. Yes, there are specific points depending on your accommodation. Since you're in south towers simply say deliver to University of Essex South/South Campus and they will deliver it to the car park (2 min walk from s. towers) and you can pick it up from there.

3)EDD11/15 refers to Eddington tower, flat 11, room 15.

Hope this helps. I'm happy to answer any more questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkopus)

Prepayments -

Deliveries -

Room numbers -

Cheers!
    Hello there

I am an Essex undergraduate student as well so I can assure you there is no need for prepayments. In terms of the things you can eat we have loads of venues and shops on campus that you can choose from, one of them being open 24/7. We also have Domino's pizza which delivers to campus and it's only 15 minutes away on foot. And for the last question, yup you were right. EDD11/15 stands for Floor 11 room 15. Hope it helped!

Cheers,
    Dragos

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Who is going to win Bake Off?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.