The Student Room Group

QUB, Exeter or Leicester?

Hello everyone. I have attained a score of 1890 for UKCAT (610 average) and I also have 7A*s and 3 As (in Maths, English Language and ICT) at GCSE. Where do you think I have greater chances? Please help me. I don't know what to do! :frown:
Anyone please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aspiringmedic178
Hello everyone. I have attained a score of 1890 for UKCAT (610 average) and I also have 7A*s and 3 As (in Maths, English Language and ICT) at GCSE. Where do you think I have greater chances? Please help me. I don't know what to do! :frown:

Wow, your stats are so similar to mine I thought this was my post when I clicked on it! I also have 7A* and 3A at GCSE with the A's being in the exact same subjects. I have AAAB at AS (A's in bio, chem and maths, B in history), A*AA/A*A*A predictions and a 640 band 2 average. I would personally avoid QUB because of our GCSE's. If you are predicted 2 or more A*, Exeter looks like a good option. I think you would have missed the cut off for Leicester last year- I was over by one point but my UKCAT is slightly higher so this is just an assumption, make sure you double check. Here are my suggestions:
Your GCSEs are fine for all BMAT unis bar Oxford. Maybe try Leeds.
HYMS, UEA and Liverpool are good options for our stats, I am confident after my research- I am applying to all 3 of these. You should definitely look into Keele too. Your GCSEs are great for Nottingham, Aberdeen and St. Andrews, but your UKCAT may be too low. Look at previous threads. Bristol would be great for you providing your ps is strong as they put 70% weighting on it so your UKCAT will not let you down as it makes up a very small percentage of your application. You could risk Cardiff but we score 25/27 for GCSE's and they interviewed few with this score last year, we may be lucky, who knows. Birmingham and KCL may be risky options but perhaps worth a try if there are no better options.
Original post by Orangeflower6
Wow, your stats are so similar to mine I thought this was my post when I clicked on it! I also have 7A* and 3A at GCSE with the A's being in the exact same subjects. I have AAAB at AS (A's in bio, chem and maths, B in history), A*AA/A*A*A predictions and a 640 band 2 average. I would personally avoid QUB because of our GCSE's. If you are predicted 2 or more A*, Exeter looks like a good option. I think you would have missed the cut off for Leicester last year- I was over by one point but my UKCAT is slightly higher so this is just an assumption, make sure you double check. Here are my suggestions:
Your GCSEs are fine for all BMAT unis bar Oxford. Maybe try Leeds.
HYMS, UEA and Liverpool are good options for our stats, I am confident after my research- I am applying to all 3 of these. You should definitely look into Keele too. Your GCSEs are great for Nottingham, Aberdeen and St. Andrews, but your UKCAT may be too low. Look at previous threads. Bristol would be great for you providing your ps is strong as they put 70% weighting on it so your UKCAT will not let you down as it makes up a very small percentage of your application. You could risk Cardiff but we score 25/27 for GCSE's and they interviewed few with this score last year, we may be lucky, who knows. Birmingham and KCL may be risky options but perhaps worth a try if there are no better options.

Thank you so much!! I really want to apply to Exeter because I don't know where else to apply. I read that they tend to be UKCAT heavy but I hope that is not true. Good luck with everything!
Thank you so much!! I really want to apply to Exeter because I don't know where else to apply. I read that they tend to be UKCAT heavy but I hope that is not true. Good luck with everything!

Exeter depends on your A2 predicted grades. If you're in tier 1 and sometimes 2, your UKCAT wont be looked at. I have decided on Keele, UEA, HYMS and Liverpool.
Why would Birmingham be risky? Do they want a specific score of a number of A* at GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would Birmingham be risky? Do they want a specific score of a number of A* at GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it would be risky but go onto the website and theres an offer calculator to see if you would have gotten an interview last year
Original post by Orangeflower6
I think it would be risky but go onto the website and theres an offer calculator to see if you would have gotten an interview last year

I tried using the calculator however it only works with A Levels and I'm doing the IB so it's not accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it because I don't have enough A*s?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending